Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, April 25, 2008

Diagnosis, Anyone????????

Well, today is defintely better than yesterday was. Jeff and I met with Lauren's doctors yesterday afternoon and we went over all the test results they had thus far. Everything is coming back negative or a little off center but not enough to raise a red flag. Lauren's "sed rate" is still elevated which indicates that there is inflammation somewhere but they just don't know where. Not to go into a lot of detail and to cut to the point...they know the pain she is feeling is coming from something but it isn't clear what. They told us that she did have pancreatitis but that seemed to be resolving and Lauren is still having pain when she eats and drinks. I was extremely out of sorts last night, partly because I am way tired and partly because I hate not having a definitive answer. It drives me crazy and I HATE, HATE, HATE GSD!!!!!! This is always the case...we never can really pinpoint what causes things to happen and it always comes back to, "Well, it's just the way GSD goes sometimes"....not an answer!!!!!! Anyway, on the better side, Lauren is doing better today. She ate a spoonful of jello and a popsicle. Dr. Muenzer and Dr. Muge told her to take small steps and ease back into eating. We were so happy that she didn't throw up what she took in today....this is the first time that has happened...yeah! She is still having stomach pain when she eats (which this afternoon her doctors said was probably due to the pancreatitis) and they are giving her pain medication for that. She will have to be eating normally and able to take cornstarch and maintain her blood sugars before she can come home but we are thrilled that she is beginning to make progress. It will be a slow uphill road but we can finally see the light at the end of the road and that brings Jeff and I and Lauren good news. I had lunch with Dr. Muge today and we went over everything again. I was struggling last night to find my balance but I do have it back today. I know that Lauren's doctors love our family and put Lauren's wellbeing at the top of their list. Dr. Muenzer came by this morning on his way out of town to make sure that we were okay and to let me know again that even though we are all frustrated and still searching...we will figure this out eventually. Dr. Muge spent her lunchtime with me to help us think thru more things. I cannot ask for more than that. I think we are all happy that Lauren is showing improvement today and I have been able to breathe a sigh of relief. As Jeff so eloquently says all the time..."It is what it is and we deal the hand that has been given us." That's the best we can do! Thanks for all the prayers...Lauren knows the Lord is watching over her and that gives her great comfort. With that in mind, we can overcome every challenge.

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

I know it stinks to still not have an answer, but I'm sooooo happy to hear that Lauren is feeling better somewhat. Yea for a popsicle and Jello! We're still praying... Evelyn

myglorydays said...

Tell Lauren I said YUM - I love popsiscles. I hate that your family continues to go thru this.
I think I had GSD too. We love you & take care....
Jewel

myglorydays said...

That was hate not had . I so can not type! lol
jewel

Libbi said...

we are having a family fast this weekend for Lauren and LaNelle...anyone that can and wants too, please join us! thanks!