Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Life is hard sometimes.....

Today has been an okay day. Lauren ate some cheerios this morning and had a popsicle but her stomach pain has continued to persist. They took her off the tpn this evening with the understanding that she needs to eat more in order to stay off of it. She has only her d10 running which keeps her blood sugar up. She is getting frustrated and tired of being in the hospital. She and I talked tonight and she told me some of how she is feeling inside. It is hard to keep being upbeat when you aren't feeling good. She wants some answers and I told her that she needs to have a good long talk with Dr. Muenzer tomorrow. I know that will help her to feel better. As far as my prediction that we could go home Wednesday....86 that! Her doctor said that it won't be this Wednesday...oh well! We are looking at things like, okay, we are gonna be here until your stomach pain isn't so bad or either gone. We just keep trying to find our silver linings when days like this are here. Lauren got a beautiful stuffed animal cat and a puzzle from Bishop Tiek and Robin today. That made her smile and she has the cat on the bed with her. Thank you so much. She loves it and it brightened her up. Sister Judd also came to visit us today and we had such a nice visit. I really appreciate her taking the time to come and visit with us. It meant a lot! We have great nurses up here and we are always thankful for that. Stephanie (a new friend we made up here..her daughter went home on Friday) called up here today to check on Lauren. I thought that was so kind. I am grateful for good people. Lauren and I both are grateful for prayers and love being sent our way. Thank you all. We will get thru this...one day at a time.

2 comments:

Libbi said...

Oh Jean...I am so sorry. You amaze me at your ability to keep on keeping on. You really are an inspiration. I HATE that gas is so expensive or I would be there with you...that sounds so lame but it is so true. I love you and will see you soon. Hang in there...

myglorydays said...

Give Lauren a big hug from me & consider yourself hugged too.
I promised Dare I would help with the boys while she gets an oil change before the Knoxville birthday trip (Stacey, Parker & Ryan's birthday). If they finish it on time, I will head to Chapel Hill but an hour makes all the difference on 540. 540 scares me on a good day - lol. I love you ladies & will continue to pray. I think me extension got disconnected. I know He will pick up again.