Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I want to go Home.....!!!!!!

We are so ready to go home! All of the little girls that Lauren made friends with up here are home. The last two left today....and here we still are! She is making progress even if it is slower than I would like for it to be. Today she ate 3 graham crackers, drank some skim milk and is going to have her jello for dinner along with a popsicle later tonight. She is still having some stomach pain but Dr. Muge told me this morning that they can send her home on some pain meds and nausea medicine so I am glad about that. I am going to ask them in the morning to stop her tpn and just let her regular iv fluids run so it will be easier to transition her back to eating. I am also going to make them order her a regular tray for eating so we can choose foods that she likes. Dr. Muge told her she would go to the store and get whatever she wants...we are all anxious to get her back to a regular diet. The surgeon will probably come by tomorrow and talk with me about the nissen wrap they want to do on Lauren but I do not want to have that done for a few months. We need a break from the hospital. I just hope this doesn't come back. I will be glad to be back home with all my family, sit in my own living room, and sleep in my own bed. Lauren and I have been sorting thru her stuff this afternoon to decide what to leave here when we go and what to take with us. We always seem to leave with more stuff than we came in with. We are shooting for Wednesday to get out of here. Michael has an appt. with Dr. Muenzer on Wednesday so we want to be able to go home when that is done. Lauren had one scheduled also but since they have seen her everyday since she has been here I think that will count...hahaha! Anyway....Lauren's pancreatic enzymes are still elevated but I am hoping they will return to normal in the next few days. That's about it for today.

4 comments:

Libbi said...

yeah for Lauren!!! there is a light at the end of the tunnel...hang in there, you'll be home soon and then in about 5 weeks...we'll see you at the BEACH!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Art and Evelyn said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wednesday is "D Day" hopefully! We're still praying... Evelyn

Tanya said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Finally an end is in sight! Still praying for you guys Hope to see a post on thurs. or so saying you are home!

Tanya said...

It was soo neat to see Emily playing the mommy role in Sac. yesterday. (Making sure Michael got his cornstarch.) You should be very proud of her!