Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Having Some Lighthearted Moments

Today we decided that we needed some lightheartedness as these last 2 weeks have been very tiring. Brother and Sister James came up last night to see Lauren and they brought her this totally cool purple guitar clock that you can hang on the wall and it lights up purple. She wanted to have it working right away so two of Lauren's nurses figured out a way to rig it up in her room (thanks Amy and Suzanne!). It is kinda "illegal" and we made it where if we had to cut it down really fast we could but I was grateful for our wonderful nurses who saw that we needed to have something good today so they took it upon themselves to find a way. Another silver lining...like I said, we can find them if we look for them. Then tonight Karen, Jessica and Gramby came up to see Lauren. Lauren was thrilled and she is "perfecting" her rainbow manicure so Jess let her do one on her. We took a picture to show everyone Lauren's handywork...(and you never thought you could be a model, Jess...here is your moment to shine..hahaha!) It has been a better evening for sure. Lauren had somewhat of a meltdown this morning so we needed a better day. Nothing has really changed...thanks for all the prayers and for putting her name in the temple. It sure feels good to know that so many people are praying for her all at once. Below we have posted two pictures...one of the nurses with the guitar they rigged up and the other of Jess showing off her "rainbow manicure". Thanks Jess...you are wonderful! We love having visitors...it makes things brighten up!


4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Oh my! I love the purple guitar! It looks awesome! I love Jess' nails! I have to have mine done the same way when I come! I have to have my wisdom teeth out while I'm there, so save me a spot in your bed, Lauren. I hope it's your bed at home though! Love you sweetie! It was fun to talk to you and your momma today!

Libbi said...

Love the nails and LOVE the great pediatric nurses who know how to CARE for their patient!!! and I love you both...

Tanya said...

Too Cool! I love that guitar! Jess is a wonderful model! Awesome nails! Still praying you're home ASAP!

LaNelle said...

I love the guitar and the fact that you have rebel nurses! I would like to think that my mom is a cool nurse...but I'm not sure (haha) I wish I could get a manicure from Lauren! I need one!