Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

AAARRRRGGGG!

Have you ever heard that saying, I am so mad I could scream? Well, that was my we are so tired and frustrated and wondering what is coming up next scream! Did you like that...now everyone when you see the title I want you all to yell that for me..hahaha! Last night after I posted they came and got Lauren for a CT Scan at 10 pm..a little late. They also had to put an IV in her arm which she was not prepared for and she was very unhappy about it. She doesn't have good veins and so it took them a couple of times to get the IV in her. After a lot of tears, consoling, calling her daddy and talking her thru it we got that done. The CT scan went okay other than Lauren tearing up and her lip quivering...she hates being put in the tube. This morning at 8 am Lauren woke up to go to the bathroom and she was told that she would have to have another test done which consisted of her drinking this really nasty bottle of stuff and then for the next three hours she would have to blow in these little bags every 15 minutes (it was a test to check her breaths for any overgrowth of bacteria in her stomach...yeah, I have no idea...), anyway when we were halfway thru the test they figured out that it was being done wrong and told me that they were going to have to repeat the test again...that is when I lost my composure and told them in no uncertain terms that they were not repeating the test. Lauren got very sick during the test and threw up twice while being doubled over with pain. Lauren's doctors assured me that they would not repeat the test. Dr. Muenzer told me later this afternoon that he wouldn't have made her drink it all in the first place...I'm like, well now you tell me. Anyway...she has not been feeling well at all today and they are now giving her morphine every 4 hours around the clock (and for those of you who are wondering...no, she cannot get hooked on it...we have been assured of that)! Dr. Muenzer came and talked again with Lauren this afternoon to check on her and he and I talked about the CT Scan results. Lauren is having some inflammation around her colon and she has some swollen lymph nodes. They are beginning to think now that she may have an overwhelming infection that is causing all this pain. We will be having more tests run to figure it out. She may also have to have a colonoscopy as well. They don't want to leave any stone unturned which is a good thing. In the meantime we will continue to monitor her and give her medications needed for pain and nausea. Dr. Muenzer said he doesn't know when she will be able to go home but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. We will continue to keep you posted. Jeff and the kids came up this evening and Jeff gave Lauren a blessing which we were very grateful for and it gave us all some much needed peace. Aren't priesthood blessings wonderful? We continue to be grateful for the outpouring of love we are receiving...thank you everyone!

6 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Aaaarrrrgggg... I'm screaming for you guys. I can't believe that nasty test they made Lauren do. I'm so sorry sweetie. I'm so sorry for all your pain Lauren. You are still in our prayers. I'm coming in a month and I hope to get my finger nails painted! See you then!

Libbi said...

Aaaarrrrrgggg!!!!!!! I have been and will continue to scream on your behalf! (yeah yeah Dr Muenzer..that's what you docs ALWAYS say after you already have had us do your dirty work!!!!LOL!)Heather is coming to see Lauren tomorrow evening on her way home from Winston-Salem. She'll scream too

Tanya said...

AAARRRGGG! I think I'd have been screaming a long time ago. You are much stronger than I. I'm soo sorry the test was such a mess. I know next to nothing..... but if it's an overwhelming infection some where couldn't they give her massive antibiotics to fight the infection? That's probably a stupid question so just give me a big "DUH!" when you answer. I wish I could wave my magic wand and make everything all better. But until some fairy drops her wand on my door step....I'll keep sending my positive vibes your way. You are both in our prayers constantly. Keep hanging in there! Tomorrow has to be better!

kim e said...

AAAARRRRGGGGG!( I just had to do all CAPITAL SCREAMS b/c I can't handle even the blood being drawn so I can way understand all of Laurens feelings about all those procedures!!) I do won't her well though. I keep praying for ya'll. I Have great faith in Dr. Muenzer and I know he will make the best judgements when it comes to Lauren. She is so brave and so are you. I am glad she got a priesthood blessing. What comfort they bring. I love ya'll and hope to see you real soon.
Love Kim

myglorydays said...

AAAAARRGGGHHHH!! I am beyond screaming - have you got someone I can punch?? If I acn move tomorrow, I will be up to see you.
That drive to & from Boone was rough - wow what crazy drivers.
Just say no to colonscopy - enough all ready. I know it is called "practicing" medicine but does it all have to be on poor Lauren. I love you guys.
Aunt Jewel

Shalene said...

You need that Doctor from the TV show "HOUSE". This all sounds like an episode right out of that show. I really hope they figure some things out for you and soon.