Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A family day


It was so good to have Jeff, Emily and Michael come up and spend the day with us. We were anxiously awaiting their arrival and when they came it was good to have a day with all my family together, even if it had to be in the hospital. Lauren was really happy to see her sister and brother. Emily was glad they came today because Carrie Underwood came to see the kids today and both she and Lauren got a signed autograph from her. It was cool for them. When she was up in the playroom though visiting all the patients, Lauren was too sick to go up and see her. I thought it was great of her to take the time to sign a picture for Lauren and tell her she hoped she gets better soon. She did one for Emily as well, which thrilled Emily beyond words. Lauren did not have a great night last night as she was in pain during the night. She slept a long time today which is what Lauren does when she is in pain. This evening the pain returned and she was given another round of pain medication. The doctor increased it today as he was in her room this afternoon when she was having severe stomach pains. They are going to run some extra blood tests tomorrow to check more things and he told me that this is something that takes a long time sometimes to resolve. We are getting thru the hard moments and are happy when the pain subsides for a time and have good moments. Jeff brought Lauren all of her nail polish from home as she requested so she wants to give me a manicure and "rainbow" polish...not sure how that is going to turn out but she and I will have a good time in the process I am sure! I hope everyone has a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Libbi said...

Look how HAPPY Lauren looks with her brother and sister!!! I know how sad I was tonight to say goodby to Andrew...I cried and cried. It is so nice to have family around...I hope Lauren gets better soon. I love you

LaNelle said...

I hope Lauren is doing ok today and getting better! I am SO jealous that ya'll got to meet Carrie Underwood...she is one of my very favorite singers!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am a member of the Carrie Underwood fanclub, and wanted to
let you know that a link to your blog had been posted on the fanclub message board. But, I w
ould also like to inform you that Carrie reads and posts on the message board too, and she
viewedthe thread that contained a link to your blog, this afternoon. I don't know if she read your blog, but she probably did. I thought I should let you know this, becau
se I'm sure it would mean a lot to you, to know that she did that, especially after visiting

kim e said...

I love your door. You are so creative!!! Your signature is the coolest, how you sign your art.
Keep up the good work.
Love Aunt Kim