Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another day.....

Today was a pretty good day. Lauren woke up this morning with her stomach hurting and they wanted to do an ultrasound first thing. She cried as she did not want to have to go thru it again because it hurts her stomach so they gave her some pain medication and we went and had it done. She was good thru the whole thing. The doctor came in today and said that tomorrow they want to do a CT scan of her abdomen so they can get a clearer picture. In order to do that however, they will have to have her drink some isotope stuff in something like sprite. He told her that they would give her pain medication and nausea medication before they got her to drink it and to do her best to hold it down. If she can't, she can't but it is worth a try. She has more color in her cheeks which is good...I think it is because of the tpn that she is on. They increased her lipids today to give her even more calories. She has episodes of severe pain and she says her stomach hurts her all the time but she is a real trooper and goes with the flow. Her enzymes were up just a little bit today so they consider that practically the same. They haven't moved much since last Tuesday. She has made friends with two other girls up here her age and they have all decorated their doors. One of the mothers made the letters for the doors and Lauren added her drawings. She has also gone around and painted everyone's fingernails for them including her nurses. We always try to find good in trying times. She is sleeping now as she didn't feel well earlier this evening and was given some pain and nausea medicine. More later.
Picture of Lauren's Door after it was decorated~

4 comments:

Loving LIfe said...

Totally cool door. I am jealous of a signed picture of Carrie Underwood. I like her & I am not much of a music fan. lol
Sorry Lauren is having to go through more test but maybe they will get some answers. Love you, Jewel

Art and Evelyn said...

I really like your pictures, Lauren and I certainly wish I were there to have my nails painted! You did a fabulous job with my hair when I baby-sat you one time! Hang in there. We're still praying for you. Love you, Evelyn

Libbi said...

Love the door..now get some reading glasses from the dollar tree and the next time a nurse calls you "Kimberly", hand over the glasses and say, "I think you might need these." heehee I am not a good example but if a kid did that to me, I would laugh and wear them and say "Obviously I do..thanks. Oh okay now I see that you ARE Lauren!" so if they get an attitude, then give them an application for employment on an adult floor (get one off the net!) heehee..see why I always got in trouble at school...and still do ???????? so maybe just be nice and remember that they by law HAVE to match the name on the chart with the name on your bracelet...and they most likely have too many patients and too little time and they expend their energy on the BIG stuff like checking and rechecking your orders and yelling at pharmacy to have your IVF ready on time...but, I still like the glasses idea!! Love you both!

Tanya said...

The door is really awesome!! I'd love to see those rainbow nails! :)
I'm praying the CT scan goes well tomorrow. Keep hanging in there! You are my hero Lauren!