Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where to go from here....

Well I have good, actually great news....the colonoscopy showed that the colon was perfectly normal and showed no signs of disease or inflammation or anything. Dr. Freeman said that she is going to go back and look at the lower bowel study with the radiologist since it showed that she had narrowing in her ilieum. Anyway, it is great that it is normal but at the same time we are now back to square one with trying to figure out what this pain is from. At this point I feel like we should just put her on some medication to calm down her muscles or stomach or whatever and send us home. I suppose we will be talking with the doctors and get some kind of plan from them but I can't imagine that they will keep us here much longer or at least I hope they don't. We all need a vacation right now as much as we need answers...the vacation I believe we will get...the answers I am not sure about anymore. Maybe we should call the show "Mystery Diagnosis" since we seem to be in the middle of one.

5 comments:

Libbi said...

Personally I think she should be on "House" since it's my favorite medical show...none of them are very realistic except perhaps scrubs...it's a comedy but it's closest to reality...anyway (I digress) I am VERY HAPPY her colon is good but feel your frustration...it stinks but medical science, as progressed as it is, is still not precise and too often all we can do is "rule out" instead of "discovering". Don't give up...something IS wrong...we just don't know WHAT!

myglorydays said...

phooey! I was hoping for an answer & then a solution. I hope the answer is forthcoming & that you guys get to go home & enjoy your vacation. Only 18 days to fun!!
Love you, Jewel

Shalene said...

Thinking of you. I hope you get those answers soon. you are all such troopers! Love you

Shalene

david santos said...

Excellent blog, family, excellent!
Happy week

Dare said...

I'm sooo glad Lauren's colonoscopy came back with good results.

I hope they figure this out CRAZY fast!! Hang in there!!

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!