Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Art Auction

Well, before anyone asks..no, I wasn't able to get any pictures. They took one of Lauren there with their camera and if I get a copy of it then I will post it. The place was very crowded and it wasn't that big so I wasn't able to get any good pictures with my camera. They had Lauren's picture on the wall along with a short biography about her as one of their featured artists. She had three pictures there being auctioned off. We only stayed about 30 minutes so we left pretty early into it and I looked at the papers under her art to see what the bids were so far. She had one picture that they had bid $30.00 on, another one had a $20.00 bid on it and the last one had a $25.00 bid on it. We don't know how much they actually ended up selling them for. I hope they will let us know. All of the money went to help the NC Children's Hospital which we are pleased to help. Lauren was very excited about her art and we hope that she will continue to learn and pursue this avenue because we do believe she has real talent. We were pleased that she had a good time and we celebrated with a trip to an ice cream parlor across the street from the art gallery (they were serving wine and cheese there so we passed that up for the good stuff...ice cream!!!) They were very happy that Lauren came to the auction and came out to the truck when we left to thank us for coming and bringing Lauren. It was a pretty snazzy affair with all those artsy people and I am quite sure we stuck out like sore thumbs...oh well! It was a cool experience. Well, Michael said he wasn't all that impressed and he was glad when we went to the ice cream parlor...hahaha! We all enjoyed that part probably the most!!!

2 comments:

Libbi said...

I wish I could have been there! My boys would agree with Michael...well except for Connor...he keeps asking me to take him to a museum.."not one that you play with stuff but one with pictures on the wall that you just look at!" It must be the artist in him!

myglorydays said...

I so wish I could have gone to it. Too much stress at Constrata for me. Ohhhh, what head aches & anxiety attacks.
I was not able to attend with the artsy but I did think about her the entire time & talk to Mark about her. Maybe Lauren will skip the artsy part of her openings for us. lol Love you guys. Jewel