Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, May 09, 2008

Poor Pugslie!!!

Well, we got Lauren home and then we had to take Pugslie yesterday in to the vet to have her spayed. She did really good but we all feel sorry for her since she came home. She has to wear this cone over her head for 7 days to keep her from biting or licking her incision site and she is in some pain...we are giving her pain medication and that is just making her woozy and tired. When I took her outside to the bathroom yesterday after she got back from the vet she took a few steps, wobbled and then fell over in the grass. It was funny to watch but I felt sorry for her. I picked her up, carried her inside and layed her on a blanket where she stayed most of the afternoon and then Jeff took her out last night and then laid her in her crate before we went to bed. She is still laying around this morning and likes one particular place on the couch the best so we let her lay there. We feel sorry for her with this cone around her head but the vet told us that she had to keep it on. Lauren decorated it with stickers...I don't think Pugslie cares...hahaha! We will be glad when she doesn't have to look like an alien dog anymore...poor Pugslie! (Jeff says poor him for having to pay for all this stuff...hahaha!)

6 comments:

myglorydays said...

Poor little Pusglie - but that cone is too funny not to laugh at her. I thought I would fall over in the grass laughing at your story.
I do feel for her though. Been there & done that, haha!

LaNelle said...

I have to say that I think I agree with Uncle Jeff haha...I am NOT an animal person! But I'm sorry that your dog is in pain, but happy that Lauren made his collar cute! That is totally something I would have done!

Jodi said...

Do you still have your other dog? When did you get Pugslie?

Jean said...

Jodi,

We got rid of our other dog (Barney)after he bit everyone in our family (he wasn't child friendly and old) and said we would never get another rescue dog. We got Pugslie at the end of July last year when she was only 7 weeks old. We have enjoyed her a lot!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I don't like animals (like half the family), but as I read I thought, "awww, poor dog", then I got to the end, and came back to my senses! Poor Jeff... :)

Libbi said...

I'm sorry but I laughed and laughed at that collar!!! Poor little puppy!