Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day...a mixed day!

This year was another one of firsts for me...it seems like every day is another first I have to live thru. This day proved to be a lot harder than I had imagined it to be. I guess unless you have lived thru what Jeff and I are living thru then it is hard to imagine being in my place. I have four wonderful children (three on this earth who I love more than life itself and love spending every moment with and a fourth that I long for every single day!) I guess you miss the one you don't see the most. Kim told me that she cried after she talked to Will...it is hard to be away from your kids on a day like Mothers Day. I cried because although I have my other wonderful children and they are wonderful, I didn't have my baby. All I have are pictures and a card that Noah made for me last year on Mothers Day. I looked at it and the tears fell over and over again. I barely made it thru church...everyone seemed to sense that it was a hard day for me and were extremely sensitive to my feelings...I appreciated that. Jeff gave me a yellow rose at church...Noah's favorite color...even he teared up as he watched me at church...he felt my pain and could not make it easier and he knew that. I didn't think it was going to hit me this hard but it did and the pain is overwhelming. I took down his hand and foot molds they gave me at the hospital and ran my hand over them. They are so small and every little line is visible. I felt physically sick at not having him here. Life is hard sometimes. Thank you everyone who called me and e-mailed me...you understood my pain and I felt your love....it helped me get thru it. I love you all so much and I appreciate your love and concern...it made a not so good day a little more bearable. I will one day have a joyous and happy reunion with my sweet little boy and my tears will be turned from sorrow to joy....I look forward to that day.

4 comments:

Libbi said...

my heart ached for you. LaNelle sent me a CD for Mother's Day and one song reminded me of you and Noah and I cry everytime I hear it...I don't remember the title but the chorus says something like "part of me will fly away when you leave the nest today; but part of you will stay with me...you'll always be a welcome guest within my breast. I am so blessed to have sheltered you within my nest." I think of Patti too but it also makes me think of Noah...I love you Jean

Art and Evelyn said...

I can't even begin to imagine your pain. My heart goes out to you. Evelyn

LaNelle said...

As I sat in sacrament meeting and cried because I felt so left out on Mother's Day I thought about you and how you must be crying too. I can't imagine how you must feel. The pain that I felt was so real and so hard and yet it is nothing compared to what you have to go through every single day. I admire your strength (I almost left church before relief society because I didn't want to have to be around all the moms!) Thank you for sharing your feelings with us! I love you!

myglorydays said...

Jean - 1st and foremost I love you.
I am so sorry for your pain. I am sorry that I grumble to you about feeling unloved by my kids after you suffered all Mother's day. I can not even imagine your pain - I know you feel the joy of having your children close by but it is hard to not have them all with you on Mother's day.
I still can barely survive Mother's Day from Mom being gone but my children gone is unthinkable.
I love you.