Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, May 02, 2008

My little artist...

Just a short blog to let everyone know that Lauren is becoming quite the little artist up here. They got her to paint a picture to auction off at an art exhibit on May 17th at an art gallery here in Chapel Hill (which we will be going to!) She was very excited about that and they also wanted a picture of her and a little background so she can be one of the featured artists (this art show is to raise money for UNC Children's Hospital.) So we were happy about that...but this is the part that I think is so cool..when we first got up here a few weeks ago and you look out the window from Lauren's bed you can see the clock tower on the UNC campus. Lauren thought it would be a good idea to draw a picture from her viewpoint of the clock tower so she did. We taped the picture to her front door. (If you go back and look at a previous post with a picture of her door and click on it to make it bigger you can see the picture of the clock tower.) EVERYONE that passes by her door makes a comment on the clock tower picture and how good it is; esp. when they come into the room and look at it from out the window. I am not very artistic so I thought it was cute but you know, not a big deal. Well they came down today and asked me if they could have that picture off of her door to auction off as well. They were so impressed with it that they felt like it would be a big hit at the art show. I let them have it but told them that they had to scan a copy for me and send it to me. I usually am not one to brag too much about my kids (they are all wonderful, but you know, every mother feels that way about her kids) but I just had to share this with everyone. I am really proud of her and how she pours her feelings into all her artwork which shows in the details and the colors that she uses. I don't know a thing about art but I must say that one day I am going to be very proud when she becomes a celebrated artist....! Jeff and I both think she has real talent. I'll post or get her to post some scans of her art when we finally get home...which I am hoping will be tomorrow or Sunday...we will let you know!

5 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Congrats, Lauren! I'm really excited to see your artwork when I come home!

LaNelle said...

That is so awesome! Her and Peter are alike in art talent. They must have stole all the talent from the rest of the family! haha I can't wait to hear how the auction goes.

Tanya said...

Congratulations!!! That's very impressive! I just took a closer look at the clock tower picture and wow! I can't wait to hear that you're home!

Libbi said...

Don't be afraid to brag about your kids when its for real...and her talent is AWESOME!!!! Does she take commissions? When I move, I will ask her to paint something specific for me and then pay her (that's a commission)And don't forget Aunt Kim is an artist also!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

That is nice art work. I'd like to see a real photo too to see likeness. (By the way, I got a kick out of the "please call me lauren not kimberly" sign next to it...I know how you feel!)