Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No, UNC is not our home.....

But it sure feels like that these days. We had to bring Lauren back in yesterday. We were supposed to come over here today for an appointment with Dr. Muenzer but since Sunday, Lauren's stomach pain has gotten worse and the medicine didn't seem to be helping so after talking at length with Dr. Muenzer and then Jeff and I going over everything we came to a decision to bring her in. She was in terrible pain yesterday and Dr. Muenzer was adamant that we bring her in. They still don't know what is causing the pain but they are more determined than ever to figure it out. I have no idea how long we will be here but I told them yesterday that they have 2 1/2 weeks to figure it out because we are going on vacation on June 14th. Please pray that we will get to the bottom of this and we will be able to go on our vacation. They have consulted the surgeons at this point and more than likely they will be doing surgery here soon. I don't have any details right now...just pray for my little Lauren and ask the Lord to direct the doctors so they will know what to do. We would really appreciate it. Thanks! For those of you that want this information....Lauren's telephone number is (919) 966-2493 and her room number is 6C03.

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear you guys are back up there. We're praying that it will be a quick stay and speedy recovery. I'm so sorry. I'm in NC and I hope to come say hey when my mouth feels better! Good luck. Evelyn

myglorydays said...

My prayers are always with you guys. I will try to come by on Friday - I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that I had to beg to see her. They overcharge you & you have to beg. lol
I think I can find my way again to UNC.
I know you are glad they can lessen the pain. Mark said Jeff told hom the surgery was coming.
If I can help with the kids, I will be glad to - I am good at telling people what to do & Emily is good at doing it.

Anonymous said...

I hate being in the hospital. The only good thing is the love I get from everybody. Thank you for staying with me from the very beginning. I LUV U!

Libbi said...

You will not be left alone there laurie...many many children are you know but count it as a blssing that this huge family loves you dearly and you will never be alone. I love you most of all because i came and took over your care when you were born...before we knew you were sick and i fed you constantly...so you are part mine!