Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Funny Story

I have been thinking about this story with all of the interest lately in Lauren's art talent and I couldn't help but laugh...about 4 years ago (when we still lived on Church Street) Emily had learned how to massage our feet, shoulders, and hands and everyone was always asking her to give them a short massage. We suggested that Emily could earn some extra money if she would charge people to do that so she made this chart that said "Foot Massage - 10 minutes - .25 cents, Hand Massage - 10 minutes - .15 cents, Shoulder Massage - 10 minutes - .30 cents." We thought that was cute and everyone said that was very reasonable so then Lauren wanted to get in on the act and she also made a chart that said, "Normal Drawing - $1.00, Black & White Drawing - $1.50, Western Drawing - $2.00, and Family Picture - $5.00" We just looked at her chart and said, "Well, you aren't giving a service, do you really think people are going to pay that much for your drawings...give us a break!!!" We took her sign down because we told her that she couldn't charge that much for pictures and she should just do them for free or charge a dime or something. I guess she knew even way back then that art is EXPENSIVE and that is probably why we don't own any paintings...hahahaha! Oh well, that was so typical of Lauren and we have laughed about that a lot of times. If she ever becomes famous one day none of us will be able to afford her high priced art...hahaha! Something to think about.....!

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

haha, that is funny! I bet people would have paid that much for her art because she is such a good artist! And I bet the children's hospital will make a lot more than that on her painting at the auction!

Libbi said...

Ok so I own a Lauren Coombs western picture and she GAVE it to me so I feel very special!!!!! One day my Lauren Coombs will be an expensive piece of art but today it is already priceless to me!!