Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Fun!!!!!

Our day started at 3 am this morning! Emily and I got up, picked up Grandma and Gramps and headed to our first stop....WalMart! Okay...how do I describe that experience....chaotic??? I wanted one certain thing and stood in line for 45 minutes to get it, then was told that it was at the other end of the store...so I ran to the other end, not there, and was told that it was where I had originally been....AAAAAHHHHH! Anyway, long story short, I got it...I can push and shove with the best of them...hahaha! Our next stop was in Knightdale where everyone went in different directions...I went to Best Buy (the best store I went to yesterday...great employees) and everyone else scattered to all the different stores. We had cell phones handy and coordinated our efforts to make sure we got what we needed! We even braved going into Raleigh and went to Penneys..what a madhouse but what GREAT deals! We had breakfast at IHOP and had a great time the whole day! We finally made it back home around 1:30 in the afternoon exhausted and glad we were able to get the great door buster deals! My shopping is now OVER! I have gotten all my major gift buying done, except for some little things here and there that aren't that big of a deal! Between Black Friday deals and the internet, I can say that I am truly done! It feels great and now I can sit back and enjoy the holidays! Now it is just time for baking and having fun with my family and focusing on what really matters...the real reason, our Savior Jesus Christ! Let the holidays begin......

4 comments:

Libbi said...

I LOVE CELL PHONES because even down at the beach, we felt connected to y'all while we all shopped! I can't wait for Christmas!!!!!!!!

cbeck said...

I want to know why my name was not even mentioned?!! I could have at least received a little kudo!!!
Callie =(

Jean said...

Sorry Callie....yes, you got up early and came shopping too..I just didn't get to spend hardly anytime with you (next year maybe you won't have to work on the day after Thanksgiving and we can really go together!!!!...that would be more fun!)

myglorydays said...

Too much fun was had. Sometimes the hunt for the bargain is better than the bargain & sometimes you get lucky with the bargain being the best. It sounds like you got great bargains. Good job!!
A serious shopper, Jewel