Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Time to pause and remember....

Tonight our family spent some time together decorating our Christmas Tree and decorating our remembrance tree for Noah. We took a special moment to reflect on Noah's life and all that he has brought to ours. Each of the kids told us something that they loved the most about Noah and each one hung ornaments on his tree. As we hung each one, we were able to share laughter thru tears as they brought back sweet memories and we felt Noah near. It was a sweet opportunity together as a family to take some time out of our busy season and spend some time celebrating the life of our sweet Noah. We also were able to pause and remember what our Savior has done for each of us and realize that we celebrate this season only because of Him. We know that Noah is rejoicing with Him at this time. We feel closer as a family and are grateful for our eternal bonds. It has been a good night....a night to pause, a night to reflect, a night to remember!

Jeff adding the golfcart ornament to Noah's tree
Michael adding the ornament he got for Noah to his tree

Lauren adding her ornament she made Noah for his tree

Emily putting the ornament she bought for Noah on his tree

This ornament is so sweet and it says "Every life leaves something beautiful behind"...so true


5 comments:

Grandma Ard said...

Noah is never far from our hearts and thoughts! No matter where we go
or what we do Noah is always there! What precious memories he has brought to all our lives and how blest we are to have had him in our lives. I can still feel his little arms around me and I always will! Grandma

kim e said...

My eyes could not help but water and the tears came as I thought of Noah and saw ya'll decorating his tree. What a sweet tradition and wonderful way to start the Christmas season. I can't wait for ya'll to come here.

myglorydays said...

My eyes are leaking as I share your thoughts of Noah. I can hear your love for him & love your night to share your memories of Noah. Christmas is a time for family and your family is eternal thus includes Noah forever. Love & Kisses, Jewel

Libbi said...

Oh, Jean! How beautiful...and of course I'm at work and now just crying! but everyone here knows Noah and a few are crying with me for you...I wish all the families that I am with that lose children could know what we know and know of the hope and joy that will come. I can't wait to see you!

LaNelle said...

Ok, I should not have read your blog while I was at work because it totally made me cry! I love you! I love your white tree for Noah, it is so perfect! I'm so impressed with your family's strength and so happy that you spend time to remember Noah! I love you all!