Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Great Week-end!

We have had such a wonderful week-end that I just had to write about how grateful I am to have had a whole week-end of spiritual upliftment. It started on Saturday morning when we went to our Ward Christmas Breakfast. We did something completely different this year for our ward party and it was wonderful. We decided to do a breakfast and then a service project. We had a wonderful breakfast then we put together goody boxes and took them to an assisted living home (kinda like the one Ninna and Granddaddy stayed in Hartsville). We broke up in groups, delivered a box to each room and sang christmas carols. It was so wonderful to see the looks of gratitude and to hear them join us as we sang. It did our hearts good and I loved watching each of my children take a box to each elderly person and receive a hug from them. We all left with such a great feeling. Later last night we went to The Creche Exhibit put on by our stake each year. It was absolutely beautiful (I forgot my camera). There were 100's of nativity scenes from all over the world, a live nativity and one room had nothing but pictures of Christ. It was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes as I looked at each one and felt the love of the Savior. Tonight we just finished watching the Christmas Devotional and my heart was again touched by the words that were offered and I feel a deep sense of gratitude to my Savior. I am thankful for a week-end that reminded me once again of the real reason we celebrate this wondeful season of the year! It was a great way to begin December!

3 comments:

ELIZEM said...

i loved this weekend too! The ward activity was Sooooooo much fun. Those wonderful people were so appreciative! I loved it! The creche exhibit was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The relief society room was my fav with all those pictures of christ from his birth to his death. I am so glad you took us!

love, Emmi! :)

kim e said...

YOu have to let us know in advance next year so we can come to the creche display. I love nativities! I too enjoyed the broadcast. It is a wonderful time of year.

myglorydays said...

Great activity - kudos for the planner. I loved the creche display too but mostly the nursing home people's reaction to seeing them. It gave me double joy.
Prepare for a great Christmas, as you set it in motion like this weekend.