Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

EMILY'S SWEET 16 PARTY!!!!!!!!

Emily is 16!



WOW!!! What a great party! At first we weren't sure it was going to be so wonderful...we planned a cookout and we woke up this morning to RAIN!!! We thought that it might let up but it kept coming down! Jeff, as always, came to the rescue...he got two canopies and put them right by the garage. Under one, he put the grills and under the other he put the fire pit that we were going to use to make smores! We cleaned out the garage, the rain let up and we thought all was well...until we came back inside and looked at the birthday cake...uh oh...Nero (our big fat black cat) decided to "taste" a corner of the cake! GREAT....again, Jeff came to the rescue...he cut off the corner of the cake and fixed it the best he could...we were so glad that Emily laughed about it! It could have proved disastrous! We just explained to everyone that we had a "little accident" with the cake...oh well! HOWEVER, the evening turned out to be a huge success! We put around 60 guests in the house...they were everywhere and Emily had a ball! She loved every minute of it from beginning to end. Jeff and I enjoyed visiting with everyone and all the kids loved the balloons and ran around and played and played! There was great food, music, tons of laughter and lots of love! It was the "perfect 16th birthday party" according to Emily. We could not have been happier that everything went smoothly and we were able to give Emily a birthday party she will never forget! She loved her book the most and all the comments brought several tears to her eyes! Thank you all for helping to make her birthday wonderful! We are so thankful for this bright, wonderful, and beautiful young woman whom we are so proud to have as our daughter! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY...and we hope you will enjoy many, many more!!!!! Below are some pictures of the evening...

The Cake after Jeff fixed it!!


Some of the kids milling around!


Lauren and Hudson

Emily and Michelle playing "Dance, Dance Revolution"

Emily and her friends outside around the fire!

Emily and her friends around the fire!

8 comments:

kim e said...

What a great party! Looks like tons of fun. The cake mishap is so funny. I want to come and play dance dance revolution with ya'll. I see all the "cool people" are out under the tent! I love parties! Can't wait for the Holidays to begin so we can have celebrations for weeks!
Emily you looks so good. I can tell all trips to the gym are paying off.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Emily and Lauren!!! What wonderful girls! I am frantically scouring the pics trying to see if any of the kids were people I knew. Did I spot some Becks? And Charles Sherman? Do I know Michelle?

I WANT TO COME HOME!!! :-(

LaNelle said...

I am glad it was such a fun party! I wish I could have been there! Emily looks so happy...Happy Birthday! And ok, I know it isn't supposed to be about Lauren, but that picture of her is probably the best one I've ever seen...seriously! I love it!

Jean said...

Jodi...yes, you saw the Becks and Charles Sherman...aren't they all so grown? I cannot believe that I have a 16 YEAR OLD!!!! I sure wish that you would move back...we would love to have you come back to Zebulon!!! We miss you!

Libbi said...

I agree with Kim and LaNelle...Lauren looks HAPPY and that makes her also look beautiful and EMILY!!!!! nobody told me you were losing weight!!!! You look fabulous! Keep it up girl..your fatso aunt sure could use the inspiration!!

myglorydays said...

I still feel ripped off that I was too sick to come, but it looks like fun was had by all. Dare said they had fun & Hudson seems to have made a friend with Lauren. Glad all worked out & the cat story will be repeated by Emily all her life. It was too funny.
See you guys on Friday around noon.
Love you, Jewel

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Emily and Lauren are beautiful! I have only seen silly pictures of them lately. I love the fun pictures of the dance game and the other with the baby. Their big smiles make me want to be there too!

Reynolds Rundown said...

Emily 16--Lauren14!! What the heck--when did those little girls become young women? I guess time marches on--we love you guys!