Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

SARAH PALIN RALLY!!!!

I cannot tell ya'll what a great time we had. Below we have posted pictures and explanations from the event but I have to tell you that we came away excited and felt great to get to be a part of this history making campaign. I loved it when we were part of the 8000 people who stood and said the pledge of allegience and sang the National Anthem. It was wonderful to hear all those people sing. Made you feel proud to be an american. We also heard from our NC Senator, Elizabeth Dole, and our Republican Governor candidate, Pat McCroy. It was a great day and night! We got home at 11:00 p.m. last night and it was worth it!

From the beginning to the end it was so much fun! We got there 4 hours early and this is PART of the line that was in FRONT of us! We didn't mind though! We had a great time talking to everyone and enjoying being part of the event!


Emily thought her pink McCain hat was the coolest and she is showing off her ticket to get into the event. Those were priceless that day as there were a lot of people that weren't able to get them and wanted to be able to get in. They had an overflow area that people could watch it on the screen but it was much more fun to be inside.


Here is a picture of all of us waiting in line. We got to know people when we were talking in line and it was fun! We loved all of it, even the waiting!
Here is a picture of Makayla and Emily with their "lipstick" on! We tried to get Terry to wear some as well but she declined. We are still waiting in line!
I took a picture of this bumper sticker this man had behind us in line because I knew that Jeff would love it. I took it for him! Isn't it great...and appropriate??? hahaha!

Here are the buttons we collected while at the rally. We all chose which one we wanted and then brought them back home to those that didn't get to attend the rally. I loved them all!
We are FINALLY made it in! We were sitting up off the floor and to the side so that we had a good view of Sarah Palin. If we wanted to be on the floor then it was standing only and we really didn't want to stand for the whole 5 hours we were in there! It was fun where we were as well! I'm showing off my Country First sign!

And finally...we got to see Sarah Palin! I have to tell everyone that she is as genuine in person as she seems to be on TV. We loved her speech and were so impressed with how she connected to all of us. She stayed at least 30 minutes after her speech just to sign autographs and talk with the people that were surrounding her. Emily really wanted to get her to sign her hat but we knew we couldn't get that close with everyone else around!

She is blowing a kiss into the crowd! It was so cute to see her do that to the little children!

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO jealous!!! I'm glad you had the opportunity I just wish that I could have been there with yoU!

Libbi said...

me too! and you and Emily will tell that story to your grandchildren!!!!

ELIZEM said...

That rally was awsome and so much more fun than the veteran one we went to a few weeks ago. hahaha....those pictures of Sarah Palin are great!....Sis. Hanna is a wonderful photographer!

myglorydays said...

I know we are taught to not be jealous but I am soooo jealous. I loved your lipstick, so be a pit bull & make all the McCain people vote!! What fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you all had fun actully I know you did you still talk about it.