Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

And the days go by....

Did I mention that I love being a mother and wife but somedays when laundry is piled up, the house is a mess, the school work is behind, seminary to study for, Relief Society stuff to keep up with, food storage to work on, housework to do, a garage to clean out, a diet to work on, dinner to figure out, kids that need a listening ear, and a husband that needs love and attention can be OVERWHELMING???? I am having one of those Monday mornings..hahaha! Where do I start? I guess I will start by counting my blessings...I have kids who need a listening ear, a husband who needs love and attention, a house that needs cleaning, a body that has enough food and to spare in it, a headstart of food storage, clothes so I can have laundry...and the list goes on!

Just in case any of you were wondering this is how I start out every Monday morning...a list of things I need to get done and then I count my blessings so I won't get discouraged and quit! My days are filled with things that need to be done, children that need my attention and love, a husband that needs to find peace from the pull of the world when he comes home, church work that needs to be accomplished and by the end of the week I have sorted thru and made my list of priorities...some things get done and others get pushed back for another week so every Monday it is the same list...hahahaha! The only things I don't put on hold are the needs of my children and my husband (or at least I try very hard not to do that...some days they all think I don't do such a great job on that end either...hahaha)! This is my life...busy, sometimes wondering if I am doing any good in a world that is filled with challenges, and always praying for the ability to be a little better everyday!

So to everyone I say...Have a happy week and don't forget to count your blessings...they are always there!

3 comments:

kim e said...

I like to remember ...it will all work out, somehow it works out. It isn't always how we envisioned but it works out.
Yes, I seem to get the Monday morning blues too, but I find the blessing in the Monday afternoon email from Will. Thanks for reminding everyone to look for them.

myglorydays said...

Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. Blessings change as we go through life. No kids at home mean no one needs that listening ear, no seminary, no laundry ( I never have more than 1 load to do every 3 days), not much housework (no one to get it dirty), & now I wake up on Monday morning thinking - "ok, now what do I do that Mark is off to work".
My blessings are I love the peace & quiet, my house is always clean, I eat if I am hungry & have no meals to fix, I hate to do laundry so little to do, I can redecorate often & lots of free time. So I have decided what sometimes seems like a burden is really all in how I look at it. Burden or blessing??
I would love to have children to talk to & run around to their activities with lots to do & people around, but I see the blessing in the peace & quiet too. I have not found the blessing in being lonely yet but I am looking for it.
I love you enjoy your blessings - they are too cute & the memories last forever. Thanks again for helping me see my blessings.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I have the opposite week - I get up Monday (yes, list already written Sunday night) invigorated and excited to get things done and accomplish EVERYTHING that week...by Thursday I realize - that's just not happening. Fortunately, Friday is date night (aka movie night), so when I realize I'm not done, I only have a few hours to fret, and then it's movie night and I don't care that I didn't get it all done b/c I'm done trying! :) (well, for the moment...back at 'em Saturday for one last push before my day of rest) I like that idea to see the work as a blessing...I'm actually growing to like some of the laundry - not the whites though - all those socks and underwear - it's about to be a matching game for one of the kids! haha