Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pain in the Foot!

Okay...now I know that I am somewhat of a wimp when it comes to pain but lately I have had such severe pain in my left foot than I can hardly put any weight on it at all.  It hurts when I get out of bed first thing in the morning then it seems okay.  Then after Emily and I go to the gym and workout I have to come home and put my foot up because I can barely walk...what the heck????  It bothers me a little when I am walking on the treadmill or the eliptical machine (which by the way I can only do for 12 minutes at the lowest level otherwise I am dying!) but when we are done exercising the pain is horrible.  I can barely walk....it is so frustrating!   I know I sound like a wimp because I am one.  Jackie (the kid's nurse) told me that she think I have something called Planter Fasciitious!  I looked it up and it does sound like the kind of pain I have.  So now, I have to rest my feet, put ice on the foot that hurts for 15 minutes after exercise (I know I am not supposed to work thru the pain but I do think that if I can get some of this weight down that will help) and when the pain and swelling go down, do some exercises.  I may have to end up going to the doctor to see if I need a brace for my foot at night and I am going to get some special heel inserts in my shoes to see if that helps!  So much for my love of cheap shoes to go with every outfit....I hate getting old.  Everything starts breaking down...oh well!   I just don't like to have pain and no one likes to be around me when I do because I am such a WHINER!!!  I would say pray for me but I think everyone should pray for those that have to live with me...hahahaha!  One more thing I am learning to not like about aging!  I wouldn't mind it at all if I didn't have to have any aches and pains that come along with it because I would love to have the knowledge I have now when I was younger...I would have been so much better!  I guess we can't have it all!  So now I can tell everyone I have a royal pain in the foot!

3 comments:

Libbi said...

agree with Jackie....owwwwwwww! Peter has that and in high school, he wore custom orthotics...back then, they were about $350...

Stacey said...

You know I had this same problem a year or so ago. The Doctor said it was from not wearing good support in my shoes at the gym. It would kill me by the end of the day, and the first few steps out of bed were brutal. I quite working out for a while, to let it heal some, because the treadmill pounding was making it worse. I got new shoes, and stretch the heck out of it before working out now. It helped! It only bugs me now when I wear those cute ballet flats and walk all day. Hope this helps...I feel your pain :)

myglorydays said...

I have one word to say (it is a miracle) & that word is DOCTOR!!!