Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

SISTERS!!!!!!

For the last two weeks I have been able to have both of my sisters come up and stay with Momma to help her in her recovery from back surgery! I have so enjoyed their company as well! I don't often get to spend one on one time with them as our lives are all so busy and we live in different states so it was a real treat for me to spend some extra time with each of them. We talk on the phone almost everyday which I love to do as everyone knows and it keeps us close but getting to visit with them in person is so much more fun! I realize as we get older how much more alike we are and how we all think alike. I love being able to finish their sentences and laugh with them about nothing! Even when we have had our differences we are able to see the others point of view and love each other no matter what! I am so blessed to be the youngest because as I have always said, I have three mothers! I am grateful for our honesty, openness and our ability to love each other unconditionally! I am thankful that in my worst moments, they are only a phone call away and I know because I have seen them do it that they will drop everything to come to me when I need them most! I have always felt like I had "built in" best friends that have seen me at my best, at my worst, and know all my secret dreams and my insecurities and love me just the same! I am so thankful I have daughters that I can pass this unique and one of a kind relationship on to! If there is one gift that God gave me early in my life....it is my sisters! They are the ones I turn to when times are too difficult to bear alone and they are the ones I look to for an example of how to handle situations. They are also the ones I laugh with, cry with, scream at sometimes, and emulate always! Libbi and Kim...I love you! When I hear the word, sister...I always smile and am grateful that Heavenly Father sent me the best!

6 comments:

Libbi said...

I love you and I could not survive without you and Kim. You are my hero...seriously. I love you and I miss you already!

kim e said...

Thanks for that post. I think I tell someone about sisters everyday. I wish ya'll would come to the beach sometime soon and we will have a sisters day!

Jean said...

I want to have sisters day so bad! I would love to start that tradition! Let's think about it!

Libbi said...

Count me in!!!! Just say when and where...

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I home my girls grow up to be closer friends like you three. I always wanted a sister, but alas - they couldn't produce one (and after David it wasn't worth trying again with the chance at another poop smearing toddler!) I was glad to have LaNelle be such a close cousin and you to go to after Mom. And I don't everything think I can remember not getting along with Mom like other teenage friends I had - I felt like she was one of my best friends (and still do).

LaNelle said...

I loved your post! I always felt jipped because Patti is 5 years younger than me and thought that we would never have anything in common, but now that she is out here it is amazing and I feel so blessed to have a sister here although I'm sure she feels like I'm trying to be her 2nd mom haha! One of my very favortie things to do when Beth and I would have our week with Ninna and Granddaddy would be to go to Columbia with Ninna and have sisters day with her and LouLou. And they disagreed and argued and bickered at each other (it was always funny) but I just always knew that they loved each other and I always wanted to be like them!