Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mikey's Cubscout Day Camp

Michael had a great time at day camp this year. He and his dad left early Saturday morning and were gone all day. They played softball, used a compass, did archery, worked on Faith in God, and other things that I can't remember. Michael came home with lots of badges, beads and great stories to tell. He and his dad had a fun filled day and were pretty tired when they came dragging in! Michael enthusiastically shared all the events of the day and I was happy that he had a great time. I sent the camera with Jeff but he said he didn't have time to take pictures (now I know why I am never in any pictures because I am the picture taker in our family...hahaha!) Oh, well...I probably should have gone for a little while so I could have gotten some pictures of Michael but I don't like to stay outside all day....I know, I know...lazy!!! It was a great father/son day!!!!

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

How fun! I didn't get to be a cub scout leader long enough to go to day camp, but I can imagine that it is way fun for the scouts! And it makes me laugh that Uncle Jeff didn't have time to take pictures because that so sounds like something Steven would say! You should take a picture of him with all of his badges and beads so we can see what he earned!

kim e said...

That is funny! I still remember his and Will's camp out and the photos of mostly scenery!!!
Mikey looks like he had a blast. He is so cute. Oh, how my boys love that scout stuff too. I am so glad I am a girl!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I do not look forward to scout stuff, but I have a feeling that Seth will love it all the same as Michael (and the way Will used to). Yep - men don't do pictures - except for the 'real photographers'...and Will who is really good...even if it is mostly scenery!

Libbi said...

I love scouts so I hereby volunteer to help with any cub badges because I have been wolf/bear and webelo leader!! Go Mikey! I'm glad you had fun and I bet you and your Dad are awesome at the pinewood derby, huh? I remember Peter's cars always looked awful but they always won (he's got that engineering mind, like Jeff!!) I'm so glad Mikey had a fun day with his Dad!!

myglorydays said...

Looks & sounds like fun was had by both, Dale loved scouting right through his Eagle Scout ceremony. Maybe that is why he is a Ranger - haha. I was the Cub Scout leader right thru 11 yr old scouts & I had to have special permission to be the leader. Our group had some rowdies that were hard to focus. You know me I can make anyone focus. haha!
I am glad they got to enjoy it together - Mark still talks about his scouting days with Dale.
GO MIKEY GO!!!
Jewel