Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Our Second home.....

Well, we tried really hard to not have to come to the hospital but here we are once again, and believe it or not, we are in the exact same room we were in back in June!! I think they should start calling this room the "Coombs Family Retreat"...hahaha! Lauren's doctors just felt like she should come in and be put on IV Fluids to give her stomach a rest from cornstarch. We are hoping that we will not have to be here but for a few days. Lauren is in good spirits which is making this visit a lot easier. She says, and I quote, "My phantom stomach pain is back with a vengeance"! She is having that same ole stomach pain she gets at times and finds difficult to get under control sometimes. They are giving her some pain meds thru the IV and we are hoping after a few days she will get back to zero again and then we can get back to our normal schedule! She is still eating a little bit and that is a good sign. I am pleased to see how she is growing up and handling things so much better! I'm glad that she is taking all of this in stride. It makes our visit here easier to deal with! So...we are trying to relax is our home away from home and think positive thoughts...now only if we had some red shoes we could click together and repeat, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." Haha!

3 comments:

LaNelle said...

You are a champion at seeing the glass half full and finding silver linings! I love ya'll!!!
Thank you for reminding me to be positive!

Libbi said...

amen. ditto. now get better Lauren and get out before Heather has her baby (I know your Mama (Jean) wants to beat me to the hospital, the brat!)

myglorydays said...

Sorry you are back in the hospital
but it is a nice room. I seem to get sick eveytime Lauren goes in. Maybe Lauren & I really are alike. I feel sympathy illness. Last time a virus & this time a cold. Hope to see you soon. Love you, Jewel