Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday at home!

It was so nice to wake up this morning in my own bed and to know that Lauren was sleeping in her own bed and we were all together as a family. Hospital visits remind me not to take for granted even the most simple of pleasures...that being able to wake up in my own house with my family all here. I am learning that often I take those little things for granted and I am going to try harder not to do that anymore. I am so thankful for all the little things in my life. When I walk thru the door of my my home I am greeted with hugs and big smiles, and a barking, deliriously happy dog, and I love the clean smell of my house and how hard my children work to make sure things stay in order. I love to look around and see a couple of games sitting out where the kids had been playing, schoolbooks layed out on the table where they had been working, Jeff's briefcase sitting in the floor of our room (where I always gripe about it being..hehe), the love and peace that permeates thru this house, my pictures of our family all over the walls, my album of Noah and his scriptures sitting on his special table, the reminders we have up about being more obedient, and my pictures of Christ and the temple! All those things remind me that I am home and there is no place on earth that is like home, there is no better feeling than being at home and I am reminded again not to take the little things for granted...I love hearing Mikey run thru the house playing some imaginary game, Emily sitting in our "reading chair" devouring another book, Lauren working on her endless crafts at the most disorganized corner in my house and Jeff looking thru e-mails, sharing one of his famous "Jeffisms", or walking aimlessly into the kitchen in search of a snack! I love sitting in my old worn out brown recliner that got passed down to me and when I sit in it I am reminded of how much love my Momma has for me. This is what my whole life is about and I wouldn't trade it for anything...my home, my family, my place of refuge when the world gets too hard, and when I am away from it for even a few days I am reminded of what I love most....being with my family and having everyone together. I have a lot to be grateful for...today I am thankful to be home!!!

2 comments:

kim e said...

There is no place like home. It brings the security of life. I too delight in the surroundings of all my family. Glad you are home.

Grandma Ard said...

It is wonderful to have you home with your kids and husband. It is also wonderful to know that the direction your lives take as you love your homes and your families is eternal( You have a peek into eternity)and that you are happy in the choices that you hve made! there is no place like home and the peace that is there! I love you and am thankful for your homes!