Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My thoughtful husband!!!

Jeff had to go to Asheville this week for work and he knew how stressed out and tired I have been in dealing with Lauren not feeling well and her sudden bloodsugar drops. Since Sunday I had only gotten four hours of sleep, so by yesterday afternoon I was exhausted. When he told me on Sunday night that he had to go to Ashvelle this week, I guess from my expression, he could tell that I was weary. He normally will go and spend the night but he decided to get up at 4 am and leave yesterday and come back in one day. I was worried about him doing that, worried about Lauren and possibly facing another hospital stay, worried about how to get all the schoolwork done and the housework kept up and battling major fatigue! Anyway..yesterday afternoon things were looking up, I took a four hour nap which helped quite a bit and had dinner waiting for Jeff when he got home last night! He told me he had a surprise for me....he had brought me my absolute favorite treat in the whole world....MARABOU CHOCOLATE!!!! He said that when he went thru Charlotte, they had an IKEA store there so he stopped so he could get me some chocolate! He is so very thoughtful about things like that and it brought tears to my eyes...he is such a great husband and went out of his way to make me feel better (which chocolate always does..hehe)! So glad he is mine!!!! Aren't I blessed????

4 comments:

kim e said...

Yes you are. Nice to find the small blessings amongst the trials.

LaNelle said...

So sweet! Now that post just made me want to drive to the Ikea in Draper Utah to get my own chocolate!!!

Libbi said...

Jeff is so incredibly awesome...sometimes I just cannot believe all three of us girls were so blessed to get 3 such awesome awesome husbands!!! (and just for the record although it goes without saying...Jeff, Jerry, and Peter Gerald (have to throw a jha sound in there so their names match)are also blessed to have us as eternal companions!!!) bhahahaha

Tanya said...

Jeff is awesome! So thoughtful!
I have to apologize. I was talking to your mom last night at scouts and trying to cheer her up, but it was clear that I didn't do a very good job. I'm sorry. I tried. I can imagine how hard this is on everyone. If there is anything I can do to help, please call me. As always, your entire family is in my prayers. Sending great big HUGS to you and Lauren both!((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))