Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Uplifting Week-end!

We had stake conference this week-end and it was so uplifting. The Saturday night adult session was so uplifting and I left there feeling a much stronger desire to live closer to my Heavenly Father and be more obedient to His will in my life. We are so blessed to live in a wonderful stake...after the conference session last night, Jeff and I were talking to a friend of ours who is on the high council and also runs the technology things in our stake. Our stake has gotten so large that our stake center is not large enough to hold everyone and parking is a nightmare so the stake presidency decided this year to do a live feed to the Knightdale building and asked the Knightdale and Zebulon wards to go to the Knightdale building for stake conference and watch it on the screen instead of coming to the stake center. This past week, I took Michael to see Dr. Covington because he had an ear infection and Dr. Covington talked very seriously with me about this flu season. Long story short, he wanted me to begin seriously quarantining the kids around large crowds and in very enclosed spaces...I tell you all of this because Jeff and I have been praying this past week about what we should do when it came to stake conference today, knowing the Knightdale Building would be overflowing....well, our answer came in a wonderful way. They were able to send a live feed of stake conference directly to our computer here at the house and we were able to keep our family home and away from the crowd of stake conference and still enjoy the talks and music. It was wonderful to sit in our living room this morning and watch and listen to our stake presidency give us counsel. I shed tears of thanksgiving when I think about the love I have for and feel from this wonderful stake and how the Lord always provides for us if our desire is strong enough....we are more than blessed to be in the Raleigh North Carolina Stake and I am filled with gratitude for my blessings today!!!

4 comments:

Libbi said...

awesome!!!

LaNelle said...

SO cool!
We had stake conference this weekend too, but the live feed they sent to our ward building didn't really work so I spent half the time thinking, "dumb technology!" haha...I feel bad now for thinking that!

myglorydays said...

I am so glad the Lord provided a way without your having to make a choice of taking Micheal out during this flu outbreak.
I am always amazed by how the Lord will bless us if we come to him in prayer. I love you. Jewel

kim e said...

SO glad we are blessed to be among the Saints. I love the gospel and I am so happy that your family could enjoy and be spiritually fed.