Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

My girls!

With all the complaining I sometimes do about Lauren's stubbornness, I have to take some time out and now talk about her great faith and determination. This year, she absolutely begged to go to early morning seminary and after much prayer, her dad and I decided, along with her doctors, that this would be a good thing for her. They told me that she would have to wear a mask during flu season and she couldn't go if there was any outbreak of illness in the class! She has been getting up at 5 am for the past 3 weeks and never complaining about it. She checks her own bloodsugar, gets dressed, has a smile on her face and comes home in a happy mood! Last night, Lauren's bloodsugar dropped dangerously low (27) for no reason that we could see. We were able to get it back up and she ate good and had a really good bloodsugar when she went to bed last night...this morning at 5 am, her bloodsugar was somewhat low again (53), she took cornstarch and 5 cc of polycose (liquid glucose) and went to get ready for seminary. I questioned her going but she said she felt like she could do it even though she didn't feel well (low blood sugar will do that to you)! I checked it again and it had come up so after I pondered and prayed about the situation, I sent her to seminary with Emily with some extra sugar treats and a bloodsugar machine! Now...here is where my other sweet daughter comes in...she knew that Lauren was a little off center this morning so she kept a close watch over her during seminary, even checking her bloodsugar while they were there. I am so blessed with both of my girls....their courage, faith, and compassion humbles me everyday. I am blessed to have daughters that want to do what is right and that see early morning seminary as a blessing in their lives...they give me great joy everyday and I love them so much!!!

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Way to go Lauren! It's amazing to me that a person who has an excuse not to go to EARLY MORNING seminary would choose to do so. I feel pretty bad right now. I had no reason not to go and I tried to get out of it every chance I got! Bravo Lauren and Bravo to Emily for keeping an eye on your little sis!

Libbi said...

You do have AWESOME girls...and I adore them and admire their determination to do what is right!! What a testament...what courage! Go Emmi and Lauren!!! You rock!!

kim e said...

That makes me smile! As I was reading it the primary song, Primary colors came in my mind ...."Red is for courage to do what is right". I will keep praying that Lauren will be blessed with health to have this opportunity to be spiritually fed each day and get to share this time with her sister. (I always have those special memories of our seminary days together!)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I liked that post - I hope they figure out what's up with Lauren's blood sugar drops soon. We'll pray.