Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday!!!

Gosh, you know I love Sundays even when we are in the hospital because I try really hard to make it a different day even up here. I got up this morning and turned on "The Mormon Channel" on my computer (it's an audio site that plays music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, conference talks, CES talks, different gospel subjects are discussed, and so on..) and then I read my conference edition of the Ensign after reading my scriptures. The room is quiet and there is a wonderful spirit in it because I ask Heavenly Father to help us have a good Sabbath Day. As I read the talks I ponder over their words of counsel and I think about things in my life that I can improve on. The talks I have been reading this morning are all about being strong during adversity in our lives and I thought about how appropriate it is for those to be the ones that I am reading today. Even reading them has strengthened my resolve to live closer to the Spirit and to be more exact in my obedience, more faithful in going thru challenging times and pray harder for the inspiration to lead me where I should go! I am thankful for my Savior and for His redeeming sacrifice for me. I am thankful for the scriptures that bring me peace in stressful situations and I am grateful for modern day revelation that teaches me how to be more patient, more faithful, and more grateful for the challenges in my life. I am grateful for the challenges that I face because they increase my faith as I allow my will to be swallowed up in the will of the Lord. I am most grateful for my wonderful husband and my children who take life as it comes and never complain. I am thankful for Lauren's amazing courage, Michael's absolute joy in life, Emily's never ending compassion, and Noah's constant powerful influence in my life! I have a husband who loves me more than I can put into words and who completely honors his priesthood. My blessings are many so on this Sabbath day I will share my testimony of faith and love with each of you. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life and I am most grateful to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for walking every road with me...it gives me the courage to walk forward with faith! I just love Sundays...they give me a chance to pause, ponder, and reflect on the important things in my life! My blessings are numerous.

1 comment:

LaNelle said...

And again you are an incredible example to me! I feel so blessed to have you as my aunt. I love you!