Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Even though we are up here in the hospital and I don't get to celebrate Fathers Day with Jeff the way we would like in our family but I do want everyone to know how grateful I am for a my wonderful husband. He is the greatest father in the world and our kids are so blessed to have him as their father! He is kind, patient, loving, understanding, righteous, and full of faith. He is the rock of our family and keeps us all steady and assured! He honors his priesthood and serves others unfailingly! I always think of him when I read the scriptures in Alma 48:11 and 17 and I can replace his name with Moroni's....the verses are, "And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding;......" and then verse 17, "Yea, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." That is they way I feel about Jeff. He is dedicated, hardworking, and immovable in his faith. He is a wonderful father and we love him very much!
I also am grateful for my own father who taught me about standing up for what is right and never backing down. He taught me how to speak up and be proud of who and what I was. He taught me good principles and gave me a foundation of faith with which to build upon. I am proud to be his daughter! I love you Daddy!
I have also been blessed with a wonderful stepfather who patience and kindness knows no bounds. His love and compassion underscores everything he does and he truly gives all from his heart. He has given all he has to me and my family thru the years and has stood right beside me in my darkest and hardest days. He is faithful and true and everyday I am thankful for his love and presence in my life. He is more than my stepfather...he is my friend. I love you, Nathan!
I have been blessed with so many wonderful men in my life that have taught me how to be better...my brother in laws are wonderful, faithful, honest, and true! They are great examples to me! I have nephews that are or will one day be fathers who bring me such joy watching them in their families and I am so grateful to be surrounded by so many good men! My life is blessed so to everyone I say, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

1 comment:

Libbi said...

can I just say... AMEN! and AMEN!