Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

TIRED!!!

The last few days have been very tiring for me. Although Lauren's head pain is much better, her stomach pain is fierce and unrelenting. The last several nights she has not been able to sleep thru the night because of the pain and so we both have had very restless nights. It has been a difficult several days. Yesterday, Brother Smith came up and extended me a calling from the stake as a seminary teacher. Although I am excited to teach, I am more than overwhelmed at the huge responsibility it is and wondering how I am ever going to get it all done with all that we have on our plate already. I am very overtired so it doesn't take much to push me over the top right now emotionally. In fact, Dr. Muenzer came in this morning with Dr. Muge and the other doctor (can't remember her name) that is following them and I burst into tears. I love them because they know how exhausting both physically and mentally it can be for us up here. Dr. Muge is taking over for Dr. Muenzer and she has some more ideas that she thinks may help Lauren in the long run. They have called in the "Pediatric Pain Team" and they have put her on a "pain pump" that she can push every 10 minutes and will give her a controlled amount of pain medication over the next 24 hours so they can see how much she needs. Tomorrow afternoon they will then take that information and transfer that to a "pain patch" which will give her a controlled dose throughout the day. Because Lauren has "chronic pain", they are going to work with her to find a way to control her pain and get her better at home as well! Her "attending" doctor this week is wonderful and I got a really good feeling talking to him. He is talking with Dr. Muge and together they will all work to come up with a good plan for Lauren. Dr. Meyer came up this afternoon to visit with her and we all feel like we are now on the same page. I am just really tired and want to get Lauren better! I am hoping that we won't be here for another month! Please pray for our family that other areas of our life will also be resolved as we press forward with faith! I feel like the weight of the world is on our shoulders right now....I know we will get thru this time, it is just a lot right now!!! I continue to pray for more faith and trust in the Lord! Thanks everyone for your love and prayers! I love you all!!

4 comments:

Libbi said...

Oh Jean...more like the weight of many worlds on your shoulders. I wish with all my heart that I could help you. I am so sorry. I thought of you during Beth's talk Sunday. She mentioned Job and immediately I thought of you and Jeff. I wish y'all could get relief in any one area of your life...yet I am so grateful for the unwavering example of faith you are to all of us. I love you. so. much.

myglorydays said...

I do not know what to say except I love you, Jewel

Life is for Laughing said...

we love you guys and will be thinking of and praying for you all.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Jean often reminds me of Job too (I am finally to the last chapter of Job where he gets 'his blessings back') I know aside from the many trials, you have blessings still, but hopefully, you will get some of your 'regular blessings' (like being HOME and no one in pain!) back soon too - keep your smile - we all love it. My kids love to pray for someone they know - so you know you won't be forgotten here!