Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hospitalitis....

Sometimes I get what I like to call hospitalitis....it's a condition I always get when I have been in the hospital for more than 10 days and the end doesn't look close! I KNOW that Lauren will get better and things always improve but the waiting for her to take that corner is often wearing and frustrating. It hasn't helped this visit that I have had to come up against yet another "hospitalist" (doctor that works for the hospital) who thinks he knows more than Dr. Muenzer and can figure out how to "fix" her. When he realizes that she is more complicated that he believed, then he gets frustrated and tends to take that frustration out on her and then I HAVE to get involved and set him straight. I try so hard to be kind, patient, understanding, and flexible but when it comes to her healthcare I will not allow anyone to do anything I feel in my heart is wrong for her. I also don't let another doctor override anything Dr. Muenzer says. Sometimes I get tired of fighting this fight but in the end I am always grateful for the help I recieve when I pray and ask for guidance in making correct decisions in dealing with Lauren. She is making VERY SLOW progress ... her headaches have improved greatly and now we are dealing with her stomach pain which is always a huge issue! I worry about the medications that they are giving her to help her pain...I know they are helping but I don't want her to get dependent on them or them to cause more problems in the long run (there is always something for me to worry over....). Dr. Muenzer doesn't want me to worry about it and he wants her to be comfortable while trying to get over this cycle but I still worry about it. So, that is where we are...trying to get thru yet another long and difficult stay. I am always thankful for the wonderful nurses here who make our stays easier to deal with. They treat us like family and so for that I am always thankful!! Life is just pretty stressful now and unfortunately we are getting used to living with a certain amount of stress! I'm just ready to be home with my family and so is Lauren! In the end, it will all work out (or at least I keep telling myself that over and over and over again!!!)

No comments: