Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Accupuncture!!!!

Well, we are trying an unconventional method that I have done some research about to help pain...mostly they do it for headache pain (which Lauren always has even when it gets better). So, I found out that UNC has a Certified Accupuncturist on staff and they consulted him at my request to come see Lauren. He came today and put those little itty bitty needles in her head, on her shoulders, her feet and all over her stomach! He left them there for 30 minutes and had her rest quietly. After 30 minutes, he took them off and asked her how she felt. She told him that her head and shoulder pain were GONE!! Oh yay!! It didn't work with her stomach pain but he said he wants to bring her some kind of herbal supplement and mabye do another treatment on Wednesday!!! Anyway...it was worth at least trying so I was happy to have Dr. Chen take a poke at her! She was really good about it....he wants to see if it keeps her head pain away so we'll find out! At least we have one issue resolved this time around!!! I wonder if they have accupuncture for fat people...maybe it would make me not want to eat....oh wait, I think that is hypnosis or an even better idea would be to just stop eating..hahahahaha! Oh well, can you tell I am tired?????? Here is a picture below of Lauren getting her treatment...


4 comments:

Stacey said...

She is such a trooper to hang in there with the doctors through all their experimenting. Give her a big hug from me and tell her to keep hanging on! We hope she starts to feel better soon.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

she is so brave - i hope this treatment works for her! who knew something unconventional might be the answer!? awesome
do they hurt? (compare them to something like shots, blood sugar testing, etc)

Jean said...

Beth...I don't think it hurt much..he said it was like a little pinch so I think it wasn't too bad. She didn't seem to mind it!

Anonymous said...

She is such a trooper to hang in there with the doctors through all their experimenting. Give her a big hug from me and tell her to keep hanging on! We hope she starts to feel better soon.




www.golden-slot.com