Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Great Week-end!!!!

This has been the greatest week-end! Kim and Jerry and David came up this past Wednesday and stayed thru the week-end. We have had such a good time getting the chance to visit with them. On Friday, Jeff and I went to the temple with Momma, Nathan, Kim and Jerry! It was so wonderful to get to be in a session with my family. Afterwards Kim and Jerry treated us out to lunch and we got to spend a great afternoon! Yesterday and today we had the privilege of watching all the sessions of general conference. I have come away from this conference so uplifted and so determined to be better and try harder! I am thankful for all the messages that spoke of the Lord's love for us and how to better strengthen our families. I am thankful for the messages of hope and faith to help us when we face challenges and how to manuever thru difficult times in our life. I loved the closing remarks of President Monson when he quoted one of my favorite scriptures...."Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
I can't think of a better way to sum up all that was said in this conference! I love the words of our beloved prophet! His counsel to look to the Lord and his light as we face the crumbling morality of the world around us gave me courage! It has been a wonderful week-end full of good counsel and I feel like I can face the future with faith and hope. I loved being able to spend this time with my family and I know that the Lord is in control! What a great way to start a new week!!! Happy Easter everyone!!!

2 comments:

kim e said...

It was such a great weekend. Glad we got to spend some time together. Our trip to the temple was special.
I liked the message by Elder Hallstrom... one of his comments was "How we respond can reset the course of our life-giving up is not an option." Hang on to that thought.
Love ya

myglorydays said...

I am glad you had a great weekend & a chance to go to the temple with your family. Peace is felt the strongest in the temple as we clear our minds of the clutter of daily life.