Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Gratitude and Stress!!!!

Well, first of all, I am grateful that we are finally home after 32 days in the hospital. I am so glad that Lauren is feeling better and that she was able to overcome her stomach pain. Many prayers were sent up in her behalf and they were all answered. We are grateful for each one. Now, we face yet another challenge....Jeff is once again faced with unemployment. The economy has hit his industry particularly hard and rebounding from it has been extremely difficult. Jeff is blessed with many talents and abilities and the Lord continues to bless him as he uses his talents for good so it is very hard for me to watch him once again struggling to find a good job that appreciates his talent and ability. He has had so much to shoulder in the last few years that my heart aches to see us once again face another uphill climb! I am trying to face the future with faith and complete trust in the Lord but I am finding it hard this time around. We are going to the temple tomorrow and I am hoping that I can sit in that beautiful house of the Lord and find the strength that I feel is lacking in myself right now...it is so important to me right now to get to the temple...in every stressful situation in my life in recent years I have gone there to find my center and to strengthen my faith when it feels like I am faltering so tomorrow I will sit within those walls and I will ask the Lord to strengthen my family and give me courage to face our very uncertain future. I am looking forward to general conference this week-end. It will be a boost to me as I listen to our prophet and the general authorities remind me where to find my faith and I will be strengthened. I know that the Lord is aware of my family and I know that He will not leave us alone....He is always there. I also know His promises are sure. Faith, I have to remember, is an action word!

3 comments:

LaNelle said...

SO glad that ya'll are home! And praying for you!

Tanya said...

Soooooo glad that Lauren is home! I've had her in my prayers daily, but hadn't heard that she was home yet. I was soo surprised and happy to see her walk in the doors Wed. night! Yay!!! Soo sorry to hear about Jeff's job. Your family will remain in my prayers. It's scary hanging out there on that limb of faith, isn't it?! Well, just know that you're not alone out there. I've been dangling on that limb for a little while now, so at least you have some company. lol. Just keep reaching out, the Lord will grab our hands. You are such a strong spirit! You are a wonderful example! I just love your family!

myglorydays said...

I love you guys - you are in my prayers & thoughts constantly.
You are a dear friend & sister.