Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fun Day!!

Jeff and I went to the "Measures of Faith" Food Drive and 5k Fun Run today! We had a good time and I was happy that I walked it in 63 minutes (that was a 21 minute mile...I was hoping for a 20 minute mile but...)! We had a great time and my wonderful friend, Jane, after running the course in 30 minutes, walked back to meet me and walked the rest of the way with me...she even gave me the courage to jog across the finish line! I love my wonderful encouraging friends and my fabulous husband who didn't even break a sweat and walked the whole way with me (bad knees and all..hehe)! I am now nursing two REALLY BIG blisters on the bottom of my feet but it was so much fun and I loved seeing all my friends from the stake!!! It is a great day to give service to the Food Bank of NC and fellowship with lots of others who share my same values and love of service! Jeff and I left from there and went to my friend, Jackie's house to help her get ready for her son's wedding next week! We were happy to do a few things that she wanted to get done! Jeff is now taking a shower to get ready to go to a baptism and I am going to put my feet up since walking on them with these blisters is extremely painful...I may try to go to the baptism anyway!! It has been a great day and it reminds me again of how much fun it is to serve others....I think we are happiest when we can do for others!!! Life is good!!!

No comments: