Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Christmas Survey!!

I read this on LaNelle's blog and I am feeling festive so I considered myself tagged and here it is:

Be Festive and Enjoy!


1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?

I honestly don't have a lot on my list that I need but if I could think of a few things, they would be:
1. Design Perfume and Powder (you can find those on fragrance.com)
2. A cool cellphone with all the latest gadgets (I love gadgets)
3. My kids not to be sick
4. Jeff being off for a whole week between Christmas and New Years (top of my
list)
5. Having Noah with us on Christmas (my biggest wish)!

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you ever received?

The gifts my children have made me...but if I had to pick just one, it would be the manger scene that Lauren made for me out of clay last year...I love manger scenes and it is so cute and from the heart!

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?

Making a quilt which I have no idea how to do but I would love to make one for each of my kids and I would love to make one out of Noah's clothes.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?

One year when I was in second grade we lived in Louisiana and we couldn't go to Ninna and Granddaddy's that year so everyone mailed us our gifts...MaMaw sent me a big flat box and when I opened it up there were 100 rings in it...I was so excited that I just screamed. I wore rings on every finger for weeks..I will never forget it!

5. What is your favorite holiday food?

I love all the homemade treats.... Momma'schocolate pie and peanut butter fudge is my favorite but Jeff's cream of potato soup on Christmas Eve is something I look forward to every year!

6. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?

Ummmmmm....since I have NO TALENT in that department, the answer would be NOTHING!

7. Favorite Holiday Songs?

I love all the classic Christmas songs and hymns but my favorite is "Do you hear what I hear?"

8. Favorite Holiday Pastime?

Spending Christmas Eve at Ninna and Granddaddy's and eating grits and singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" to Granddaddy so he would let us open our gifts on Christmas Eve and getting up at 3 in the morning to see what Santa left and spending it with my family! I will always cherish those memories!!!


And now if you are in the mood to spread some holiday spirit, consider yourself tagged! :)

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

Yay! I love that you did the survey! I can't wait to see you for Christmas!!!

myglorydays said...

I do not have 1 thing much less 5 that I want. Just family like you.
But I have only one talent I can share - would you like to make that Noah's quilt? handmade or machine quilted. Our Relief Society in New Bern made quilts & met twice a week for quilting & lunch. I loved it thanks to a 92 yr old sister who was kind & patient. Look on line at the designs. His favorite clothes could be the center & the others fill in pieces.
ps: my favorite Christmas was the year Jeff came home on Christmas Eve. :)