Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Only my Lauren!!!!

Well, you would think after almost 15 years that I would learn that once Lauren gets something in her mind, she is DETERMINED to do it no matter what the obstacle or the consequence! Now many of you who read this may remember when Lauren was THREE and she had this beautiful soft hair with bangs that it took me GREAT pains to get the perfect length! She decided one day that she would cut it and she DID...right to the scalp and we had to end up cutting her hair into a pixie cut because it was all she could do. Her Aunt Kim actually made her a couple of hats to wear until we could get it to grow out (which took a couple of of YEARS!) So...I thought she surely had learned her lesson....what was I thinking????? Lauren told me a couple of days ago that she wanted to get her hair cut...ok I told her...it's her hair, she can wear it how she wants to as long as she keeps it neat. I told her we would talk the next day about what she wanted....well, I woke up the next morning and left early to go run some errands with Momma before the kids got up...while I was gone, Lauren called her dad to tell him that she had waited until we all went to bed the night before and put her hair up in a ponytail and cut it off! She wanted him to tell me! He told her that he didn't care about her hair but that she had gone behind our back and cut it which would cost her some priviliges for being defiant even about something so simple....I came home, we had a chat..she went to the hairdresser and got it shaped up into a very cute style and I have learned yet again that I have a VERY DETERMINED daughter who will do what she sets her mind to even though she faces oft times not good consequences....now only if I can turn that determination to the good......



4 comments:

LaNelle said...

haha! That story totally made me laugh! I remember her way short hair way back when she was little! And I like her new cut...it's always fun to have a new style!

myglorydays said...

I love her cut - very chic. I have been there & done that - but hard headed children make driven adults. At 15, I drove my Mom crazy but as an adult she knew I did what I believed in & never followed the fad or crowd. Lauren will learn and thanks for helping her fix her problem. You are a good Mom.
Jewel

DeeDee said...

Yes I do remember the hair cut long ago. Even remember that she lit the lights on the Christmas Tree and wore the cutest little hat and plaid outfit. Also, came to our 10th anniversary at the Antioch with the outfit on. Hair grows and most things are forgotten but memories are special even when we'd like to wring their neck. I do love her hair even though it wasn't done exactly the way you would have liked it. She's one of a kind for sure but we all still love her lots.

jacob said...

that's the same style of haircut one of my ex's has. i like short hair, i like long hair, i like in between--there. now no one should say i'm picky