Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Mikey's Story!

Michael never ceases to amaze me. We started school today and I told Michael that he could write whatever story he wanted to because he has such a great imagination and I would check it for grammer and spelling. He handed this story into me today that he just thought up on his own....it's so good that I just had to share it.....

"My eyes are listless and my face souless. I cannot imagine the unbearable pain to arrive when the execution comes. I look through the steel bars of my jail cell, the brick wall and stained gray floor giving me no comfort.
A guard comes in, smiling cruelly. His face looks almost amused by my unhappiness. He roughly grabs my bony arm and gestures to the open door of the cell. I stand and a Roman guard drags me into the hall.
Suddenly, my sadness begins to die out, and a sort of emptiness replaces it. As I stare at the stone wall just yards away, I realize my feelings are not due to my death, but I instead weep for the sins of the people.
For today is the day I die for my religion."


Well there you go...I typed it EXACTLY as he wrote it! I guess I am just shamelessly boasting about him but I am always blown away by his work when he writes from his imgination or from his heart. Just thought I would share...he is gonna end up teaching me...hahahaha!

6 comments:

Libbi said...

keep every one of them..he will be super famous one day

myglorydays said...

Mark & I were just discussing that he is the smartest kid we know & that says a lot when we think Dallin is a genius.
It was a touching story & shows he has given much thought to the sacrifice of our Savior.
Jewel

Grandma Ard said...

There is only one Michael and I am so glad Heavenly Father sent him to us. Thank you for sharing! love, grandma

LaNelle said...

ridiculous...in a good way! I agree with my mom...Keep ALL of his stories! And make a book out of them!

teachergirl said...

holy dang that was good. keep him reading! (and writing, obviously...)

kim e said...

Wow!