Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 09, 2009

Doing Much Better!

Today things are looking up! Lauren didn't feel well last night but they are giving her medicine to bring down her fever and for pain so once she gets it then she feels much better! She got up this morning and took a shower, we changed the sheets on her bed, she frenchbraided her hair and has been feeling a lot better! She has been doing some artwork with the paper and markers Emily brought up to her and then they brought her some pens and sketchpad from here so she is staying busy. She actually feels like eating today...yea!!!! We are still waiting for the sensitivities to come back on the bacteria they found but if it is a really normal bacteria then it is possible that in a couple of days they can switch her to oral antibiotics which means we will be able to go home!!! That made us happy to hear! So, we are both feeling good today and it looks like this might not be a long stay afterall! I love it when we get good news...I am counting my blessings today!!! (And Kim, her blanket is actually PINK, her favorite color but for some reason in the picture it looks lavender...:) )


5 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Hooray!! That's good news! I seriously love Lauren's expression... I would have the same one if my pic was taken in a hospital bed! Love ya Lauren! I'll see you soon!

Art and Evelyn said...

Hooray!! That's good news! I seriously love Lauren's expression... I would have the same one if my pic was taken in a hospital bed! Love ya Lauren! I'll see you soon!

Unknown said...

Yea! We're hoping you guys get to come home soon. Keep us posted!

Lynn

Libbi said...

Hurray!!!!!! She certainly LOOKS good and I am SOOOO glad she did not get septic..hip hip hooray!! Love the braid, love the blanket and LOVE that she is feeling weel enough to be up and showered and busy by 9 am...

myglorydays said...

Enjoyed chatting & glad things are looking up. Sorry Lauren has a migraine ... I hate those. Cool blanket - see you tommorrow.
Jewel