Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My thoughts

I listened to a talk today by Elder Holland entitled, "Remember Lot's Wife"! It was such an inspiring talk for me and one that I needed to hear. He gave it on January 13th at a BYU Devotional. He spoke of the importance of looking to the future with faith. He said that faith is always pointed towards the future and that sometimes we doubt the Lord's ability to give us better than what we have had in the past. We have to put our total trust and faith in the Lord and He will guide us. With all that has happened in my family the last 2 years I have had to take giant steps into the darkness and trust in my Heavenly Father and His plan. It has not been easy for me to let go of my hurt and walk steadily into the unknown future giving up the plans that I had made for my family. It has been hard for me to accept and find peace in the knowledge that I will never as a mother have all of my children together on this earth again. I know one day I will have a great reunion with my baby and my family will finally be together again but until that day the pain is seering at times. I look at my children and see them growing up so fast. Sometimes I feel like the days when they were very small slipped by too quickly because I was so involved in making sure their medical needs were cared for that I missed the fun part of them being little. I see Emily so grown and look back at the years that have flown by and the moments that I can never have back. I guess me not feeling well physically is bringing out my emotions as well. I pray to Heavenly Father and ask him to forgive me for letting precious moments in their lives slip by because I was preoccupied and worried about much. I sometimes wish I could have some moments back and redo them but I can't. Elder Holland's talk reminded me that Heavenly Father looks at where we are now and not where we have been...for that I am grateful. I guess I am just pondering things tonight. Jeff and the girls went to the temple and so I have had some reflective time with just Mikey. I am grateful for my blessings because I have many. I know one day that all the hurt and pain that I feel on this earth will be made right. I know that the day will come if Iam worthy that I will be able to take Noah and gather with the rest of my family and it will be sweet. Until then I just have to look forward with faith and trust in the Lord's timing for it is always right. I do know that.

3 comments:

Libbi said...

I really really needed to read that tonight. Thank you, Jean. I love you. I cried when Will came home because I thought of you and your reunion one day with Noah. and I cried thinking of my boys and of how they had desired to serve and were worthy and willing but yet were unable to have this joyous homecoming...sometimes, it is just hard to have faith. Thank you for helping me remember that hard though it may be, you have had faith and continue to have faith in much much harder trials and I can find the faith to go forward too. Thank you.

Grandma Ard said...

Jean, that was beautiful-I shall try to remember Lot's wife! You are such a shining example to your mother! As I grow older, I hear faintly the music of another place and I know that it will be a joyous reunion with Noah, but for now we must go forward each day just as you are doing and find joy in our jounrney. Now we must add Precious pres. Wilford to our list on the other side!

myglorydays said...

Beautiful thoughts, my friend.
I want that faith because I do not want to be Lot's wife. I want to be a better wife & a more faithful daughter of Heavenly Father. I want to be the "chosen" one that President Wilford told me I was. I want, I want, I want - maybe I need to do more & want less :)
I look forward to the time of seeing you hold Noah close again.
Jewel