Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Beloved Leader and Precious Friend

Today my heart is heavy as we have to say good-bye to a faithful servant of our Heavenly Father. Our beloved former stake president, President Wilford, passed away early this morning. He was our bishop when Jeff and I got married and has seen us thru every challenge we have faced thru the years. He has given me love and encouragement when I needed it and pushed me to greater heights with his counsel. His courage and faith thru the years has lifted not only me but my entire family. I know today that he is hearing the words, "Well done thou good and faithful servant. Welcome home." It is with tears of love and tenderness that I bid him farewell. He will be greatly missed by many and my family will forever be grateful for his acts of love and compassion. If I could talk to him once more I would say, "Thank you President Wilford for your years of faithful service to our ward, our stake and to our family. You are a giant among men and you will be greatly missed. We love you with all of our hearts." With grateful hearts we bid you a fond farewell until we meet again!



3 comments:

Libbi said...

Whenever i think of him, I will forever hear the words, "There will be some who do not understand and do not believe and I say to you, IT MATTERETH NOT!!!" he was a giant and like my dear friends the Brooksbys who have that same spirit, it was just EASY to believe and have faith regardless of the trial in his presence. I know you will miss him and I am so sorry for that but one of the many legacies he left is you and Jeff and your deeply etched faith which he helped to grow. I love you!

myglorydays said...

When he moved in our branch & became the Sunday School teacher, you could feel the spirit with him. He taught with no doubts & as Bishop, then Stake President & friend he lived with those same no doubts. His testimony has helped to lift many people including myself. I often hear his voice in my mind saying "many are called by few are chosen & Sister Wyrick - YOU have been chosen". He said it with the deep & seemed like a booming voice although he did not raise it. You know the voice of "listen" he used sometimes.It has helped me through hard times.
His last years on Earth has many sufferings but he suffers no more. Jean, you were a good friend to Russ. I too will miss him & his example of faith.

kim e said...

Thanks for sharing a post about Pres. Wilford. I love that family. I will always remember Becky bringing me a house warming gift that still hangs on my wall and Pres. Wilford making a personal visit just to see me when we lived in NC. They are incredible. If we all had that kind of friends what a better world this would be.