Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

THE TREK!!!!!

We went today and picked up the kids that went on the pioneer trek! The stake asked all the families of the kids that went to come and bring white handkerchiefs to wave the kids in as they came into the "Salt Lake Valley"! As they came walking thru the lines that we had formed we all sang "Come Come Ye Saints" and waved our handkerchiefs. They cheered and smiled as they walked and pushed their handcarts along. The kids were dirty but beaming! They had a great time and we were glad that Emily had the experience. She said it was hot, dirty and at times really hard but she would do it all again in a minute! We were so happy to hear about her experience and know that she grew closer to the Lord thru it! Way to go Emily....you made it! She drank nasty water, ate stuff that she didn't know what was and even had some grasshoppers to eat along the way, got sick on the first night and kept going...she proved to her dad and I that she is one tough cookie who rises to the challenge! We are very proud of her!!! The first thing she did when she got home was hit the shower...then the bed! Ahhh...aren't we grateful for those wonderful modern conveniences????

Emily walking into the "Salt Lake Valley" among the cheering crowd!

The Zebulon Ward Youth who went on the trek with some of their leaders!

Emily and Aunt Jewel who came along to welcome her back!

Michael and Emily with Bro. Duncan who played Brigham Young!!!

All the youth and leaders from Zebulon and Knightdale who participated in the trek!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Good for Emily!!! I loved the pics you posted of the groups from the wards. I devoured them looking for people I knew. It was so fun to see those kids who have grown tons since we moved! (and sad too...)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

You look like you had fun (although I don't know if the word "trek" and "fun" are anywhere close to being on the same page in my mind), and grasshoppers are CERTAINLY not something I would have tried...you've got guts girl!

kim e said...

I am glad it is over for Emily. I think she was extremely brave to take on that challange! Nice to know she had a great experience. I could not have done it!

Jean said...

I don't know if I could have either but my friend Jane and I decided today that the next time they have a trek (which will be about 5 to 7 years from now) we will volunteer to go. The kids had such a great experience that we wanted to share in it...we may change our mind about going by the time the next one rolls around though...hahaha!

Libbi said...

Our stake has one every three years so Andrew and LaNelle got to do it twice which was good because LaNelle missed out on the first since she was sick...all four of the middle kids had super fantastic spiritual experiences and I'm so glad Emmi did such a great job! and I hope you go...it's a wonderful experience! and I'm glad I have a car and an air conditioner!