Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Soup, Anyone????

Today we got together with Teri Hanna and Makayla and put together some Stripling Warrior soup to can in jars. We made enough for one pot a week for 3 months. We all had a good time putting it together and were pretty pleased when we saw all our jars filled and ready for our pantry. It was fun to see the kids all helping and enjoying the process. Thank you, Teri for sharing your wonderful talent with us and helping us all to be more prepared. My pantry is looking better and better and it is a great feeling to be obedient!

Michael putting his ingredients in his bowl
Michael, Emily & Makayla filling up their bowls

Makayla and Teri filling up a jar!

Our finished product...we were so pleased!

4 comments:

Libbi said...

Jean..you just simply amaze me...now how about the recipe???? I think I misght be able to get three meals out of my pantry...maybe.

Jean said...

Anyone that wants the soup list and the ingredients you would need for a month, 3 month or year supply can let me know and I will e-mail you a copy of it. Teri did this for our ward for a food storage night we had and it was GREAT! She also gave us a whole wheat bread recipe and broke it down by ingredient how much we would need all the way to a year if we wanted to make a loaf of bread a day! I can send ya'll that one as well! It made it so easy!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

yes i'd like both...what kind of soup is it?

Jodi said...

I would like both too! This rocks! Wish I was there to can with you!!!