Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a good week-end....laid back and lazy! Grandma and Gramps came over and we dyed easter eggs. Jeff grilled out hamburgers on Saturday and the easter bunny came to see us on Friday night as always. The kids enjoyed the things they got in their baskets and we hid three big eggs around the house and told them that when they found one to bring it to us and it would be worth a cash prize. They loved that.....now that they are older we are finding creative ways to have fun at Easter. Jeff and Lauren made an easter egg cake and decorated it...they even made it look like it had a yolk inside when you cut into it. They are both very creative so it was a fun project for them. Sunday at church the talks were very moving. Lauren spoke first and we were proud of how well she did...she wrote her own talk and then gave it while battling a migraine. She continues to amaze us. We all had a very restful, peaceful easter and we hope everyone else had the same. Happy Birthday late, Jerry....hope your "49"th (isn't it) was a good one and you enjoyed having your grandchildren there! Below are some pictures of everyone dying easter eggs and of the cake that Jeff and Lauren made!

Everyone having fun dying easter eggs

Emily decorating an egg

Lauren putting her own touch on an egg

The easter cake Jeff and Lauren made

The cake on the inside...see how it looks like a yolk!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kim e said...

CHef Jeff and CHef Lauren...3 cheers!! That was a cool cake.
Bet it tasted great too.
Keep up those creative ideas.
Kim

Anonymous said...

That cake is flippin awesome!!! I am very very jealous!!

Shalene said...

That cake looks great! Way to go! Emily, I love the highlights. They are very cool.

LaNelle said...

I am way impressed by that cake! Tell Lauren that I'm impressed that she got to talk on easter. I got to do that once when I was in Young Women and I was really nervous because I felt like it was such an important day and I didn't know if I could live up to the importance of it haha. I'm glad that ya'll had fun. Miss you all!

myglorydays said...

Cool cake & I hate that missed Lauren's first talk. Call me, I will come.

Jodi said...

Yum!!! How did they make the yolk part? I love it!