Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, March 02, 2008

THE FLU!!!!!

This past week we have been battling the flu! Jeff brought it home from work with him last Friday with a fever of 102. He stayed in the bed for three straight days and I quarantined him to our room. I washed my hands about 5 million times, lysoled everything I could, waited on him hand and foot and made sure he drank plenty and kept medicine in him. On Sunday afternoon Michael began running a fever and had a cough. By Monday morning his fever was well over 103 and I headed to the doctor. We found out (after almost 2 hours of waiting) that he did indeed have the flu and on the way home he tossed his cookies into a bag. We called the doctor and made a dash for the hospital which thanks to our great doctors over at Chapel Hill we were able to go straight to a room and bypass the ER (we look for blessings everywhere!) On Monday night in the hospital, I came down with the flu and my fever began. Taking care of a sick child in the hospital while battling the flu is not the easiest but we got thru it. Michael finally came home on Friday night after spending five long days at WakeMed. Lauren and Emily have now gotten it this week-end but because Lauren was put on tamiflu right away last week she didn't get it bad at all. Emily is better tonight although still congested and Jeff has finally recovered. We all are still tired and I have cleaned and sanitized our house so hopefully we can all take a deep breath now! So much for getting the flu shots this year......! We hope everyone else has fared better than us! We are ready for spring!!!!!

5 comments:

Libbi said...

The flu shots were worthless (per CBD) although they tell us that it did keep the flu from being as violent but judging by the number of kids we had in the PICU with flu, I doubt it! Sarah Beth has it now (since Thursday)but she started on Tamiflu within a few hours of onset and so she is already much better! Connor is coughing but he is also on tamiflu as is Patti so we are keeping our fingers crossed!! I hope all will be well with y'all from here on out..Spring is just around the corner!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Stacey said...

We feel your pain! We had flu shots and all got it. Gretchen was actually sick on her birthday. Rich and I missed a whole week of our lives. I have never been so sick. Thank goodness I had a friend drop of food on our doorstep, or my boys would have starved. Parker got on the tamilfu and it is like a miracle drug! The family was supposed to come up from Raleigh but we were all quaratined. Glad you guys are feeling better. Being sick stinks, especially for you guys! Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!

Libbi said...

Jean...I was checking to see if you'd posted anything recently and saw the slideshow of Noah and started laughing at him and then just put my head down and cried...my heart aches for you and I do understand why you still grieve...and always will...but what a blessing it was to have had him and anyway...I love you and you are not alone in your grief or your memories...we will never forget him!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I love the slideshow. He's so cute - esp the dancing on the [bridge/boardwalk?] and the tractor and in the pot! I love you.

Jodi said...

Yikes! I am so sorry! But it was wonderful that Lauren didn't have to go to the hospital! Our 24 hour bug was horrid enough, I couldn't imagine a whole week of it! I hope you all stay on the mend! I miss you and all of our NC friends.