Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Hospital Visit!!!!

Well we are up here at Wakemed once again...poor Lauren..she has been having her migraine headaches again and we thought we had them under control but on Wednesday afternoon her blood sugar plummeted and we ended up not being able to maintain her blood sugar at home. She didn't want to come in so Jeff and I had to tell her that Dr. Muenzer was insistent that she come in (which he was...) so we ended up spending 8 hours in the ER last night and finally got up to a room at 8:00 this morning. By that time Jeff had now been up for 27 straight hours and I had been up for 25. Lauren also didn't get much sleep overnight because the pain was severe. They were finally able to help her pain somewhat and we are now up here for a little while. They are going to be doing her DHE Protocol for her migraines and that can take anywhere from 3 days to 10 days to get rid of the headache! We are hopeful that we will only have to be here for 3 days and that we can get the migraines under control quickly. So say a prayer that we won't have to stay very long and we can all be back home together quickly. In the meantime we are grateful for the nurses who we love up here and for our wonderful doctors. They all care so much for Lauren and bend over backwards to make our stays in the hospital as comfortable as possible! We are blessed to have good medical personnel to look after us!

4 comments:

LaNelle said...

Lauren and your whole family are in my prayers! I always feel bad for being so whinny sometimes when I think about all your family has to continually go through. You are such a great example of strength! I love you all!

Libbi said...

I love you too and am sorry this coincided with my visit...but I'll be back and there's always the beach in 2 1/2 months!!!!!!!

myglorydays said...

I love chatting on compter but so want you to get to go home. Hope you get to be in your nice WARM home soon. 5 blankets are too many to need. I love you too.
Jewel

Jodi said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry. I will keep sweet Lauren in my prayers. She is such a brave girl.