Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today is the beginning of a new year, a new decade, and a new beginning! I love the beginning of a new year because we can start fresh, set new goals, change something we have been meaning to change and look forward with fresh eyes! I am happy to say that last year I set 3 main goals for 2009...

1. Read the Bible from cover to cover....completed!!!
2. Read the Book of Mormon four times....completed!!!
3. Go to the temple once a month....completed!!!

It made me feel good to complete the goals that I had set for myself so this year I have set new goals...goals that I will accomplish because I feel successful going into this new year! I have them on a card and I will keep them in my scriptures where I will look at them everyday, they will be a constant reminder to me of where I want to be at the end of this year and I will persevere and strive to reach them!

Yes, this is a new beginning...so tell me...have you set new goals, written them down and then prayed for help to accomplish them???? We can all have a brand new start and I LOVE that!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

2 comments:

kim e said...

I love goals and it is good to write them down. I haven't done that yet but I have thought about a goal. I want to look for the good in everyone and be a happy with whatever comes.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

We have made goals (in FHE last night) - I like the idea of putting them in scriptures - they're not int he way (like on a mirror), but you still see them every day.