Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Michael!

We found out last night the the 2nd blood culture they drew on Michael was positive as well. That was a little disconcerting to me but not suprising. After speaking with Dr. Muenzer and his doctor over here this morning, they have drawn another culture and will continue Mikey on the vancomycin as he is feeling better so that appears to be working. They said that they will want to see 3 more cultures come back negative before they will feel really good that they have gotten rid of the infection because sometimes bacteria is hard to get rid of around the port site. We are praying that we can clear it and that we will not have to replace the port. Needless to say, Michael will be up here for a couple of weeks. I would like to ask everyone to send him a card though as I think he will like that...the address up here is:

Michael Coombs
c/o Wake Med Room 4C16
3000 New Bern Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610

Since he will have to be here over Easter, I think he would really like to get cards from everyone. We can put them up around his room! Thanks everyone for your prayers and please continue as we really want to clear this infection up completely and be able to save his port a cath! Below I have posted his picture because he looks so sweet sleeping!


3 comments:

Reynolds Rundown said...

Jean--
We will be coming through tomorrow and will definitely be stopping in. We'll probably be there around 3:00 or so. What are the visitation rules and stuff? Can the kids come in? Do you have a cell phone that we can call as we are getting closer to let you know? What is something fun we can bring Mikey? Favorite candy bar? Action hero? We're excited to see you!

Morgen

myglorydays said...

He is sweet awake too if Lauren is not around ;) They have the same relationship Jerry & I did. I loved him & I loved to aggravate him. hehe! We will try to get by this weekend - only Mark will got to room... I will keep my cooties to myself. No chances of sharing germs. Thinking of you guys always.
ps: How the water???? sludgey yet hahahaha

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear that Mikey has been sick! Tell him we are thinking about him and will keep him and your family in our prayers. Keep us posted on the good news thats coming your way! :) I love you guys!