Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Jean's Birthday Surprise!

As most everyone knows, yesterday was my birthday (44 years old...eek!) Anyway, it was rainy and chilly but everyone tried to make it the best day they could for me. I loved all my gifts but I have to show off this one from Jeff. Yesterday, as I do on most special occasions, my thoughts were on Noah and how much I missed him not being here. I am married to the most wonderful man who understands me more deeply than I even realize and he knew how down I have been for the last few weeks. Yesterday just seemed to bring all of that to the surface and last night we went in different directions with the kids...Michael and I went to pac meeting and Jeff and the girls went to the temple. I just didn't feel like it was anything more than another day. Later that night though, when Jeff and the girls came in he said he had saved the best gift for last...and I took a picture of it below. He told me when I opened it that when I look at it he wants me to know that this is Christ bringing Noah back to me one day. The tears fell and my other children all beamed because they knew I would love it and we all look forward to having our family complete again. Anyway... it is a very special gift from my sweetheart who knows just what I need all the time and goes out of his way to make sure I have my needs met. I love him with all of my heart and he really is my rock and my hero!

10 comments:

kim e said...

That is absolutely beautiful. So neat that it is the perfect little blond haired boy. Jeff is certainly your knight in shining armor!
What a great ending to a birthday.
I love you

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

OH, that is so perfectly sweet.

Anonymous said...

I luv it Momma

ELIZEM said...

i think it's beu-ti-ful!

Tanya said...

I didn't realize it was your b-day when we talked last night. Happy Belated Birthday! I LOVE the picture! It's perfect!

myglorydays said...

Did I tell you I am related to him? haha! I have to take credit where I can.
It is truly a beautiful picture & the thoughtfulness reminds me of yours & Jeff's eternal love.
See I told you I had the perfect guy for you.

LaNelle said...

Oh it made me cry to read your post and look at that picture! It is so gorgeous! I'm glad that your birthday ended on such a wonderful happy note!

Libbi said...

I cried and got goosebumps because that picture is perfect. I love Jeff! and you!!

MORGEN REYNOLDS said...

Hey Jean!
It is Morgen Reynolds--how are you? This is the only way I knew how to track you down! I think Daman got your info, but somehow it has gotten lost in the shuffle. This was a really beautiful story. I cannot tell you what an inspiration you are to me. You have no idea how many times you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am often inspired by your attitude and faith. I am coming down there Oct. 8th and will be there through the 13th. Could we get together? It will be just me--I am getting treated to a weekend with just me and my mom. Please email me and let me know if I can see you guys! (morgenlindsey@hotmail.com)

Stacey said...

I love this pic, so sweet! Happy Belated Birthday! I love you!